Do you experience a flare up or worse pain after not sleeping or sleeping too much?

https://www.carenity.us/static/themes-v3/default/images/us/header/fibromyalgia.jpg

Patients Fibromyalgia

2 replies

Topic of the discussion

Member Carenity
Posted on

This seems weird, but I have been trying to really focus in on my triggers and understand better my pain fluctuation. Recently, I have noticed that my pain increases after sleeping too many hours, like over 8 hours. But if I sleep less than 6 hours my pain is also much worse the next day.

does anyone else experience this?

Beginning of the discussion - 5/24/19

Do you experience a flare up or worse pain after not sleeping or sleeping too much?
Member Carenity
Posted on

@Hidden username‍ if I do not get close to 8 hours of sleep, I know I am more likely to wake up exhausted which will trigger my fibro. Contrary to you, I could sleep all day and that is one of the few things that brings me relief... so me sleeping more than 8 hours, I have not noticed that it triggers my symptoms. But, I could see where it would because sometimes if you sleep to much you feel more tired initially and if "fatigue" triggers your symptoms this would make sense. 

I would recommend trying to get on a sleeping schedule so you can get your body on a clock and ensure you get the sleep you should be getting.

Member Carenity • Community manager
Posted on

Hi everyone,

Do you have any input or experiences to share? Join the conversation.

@Hidden username@Hidden username@Hidden username@Hidden username@Hidden username@Hidden username@Hidden username@Hidden username@Hidden username@Hidden username@Hidden username@Hidden username@Hidden username@Hidden username@Hidden username@Hidden username@Hidden username@Hidden username@Hidden username@Hidden username@Hidden username@Hidden username@Hidden username@Hidden username@Hidden username@Hidden username@Hidden username@Hidden username@Hidden username@Hidden username@Hidden username‍ ‍ @Hidden username@Hidden username‍