Has fibromyalgia affected your mental health? Or vice versa?

https://www.carenity.us/static/themes-v3/default/images/us/header/fibromyalgia.jpg

Patients Fibromyalgia

2 replies

Topic of the discussion

• Community manager
Posted on

Hello everyone,

How are you today? With our recent article, "How does fibromyalgia affect mental health?", I thought I would open this new discussion. emoticon cute

Dealing with the varied and intense symptoms of fibromyalgia (chronic pain, severe fatigue, migraines, sleep disorders...) can take a toll on patients, both on their physical and mental health.

What about you? Has your fibromyalgia affected your mental health? If so, in what way? Or have you noticed the reverse - has your mental health (anxiety, depression, stress) had an influence on your fibromyalgia? How do you cope in either situation?
@LindaSherrill@PrismMon@MerlinSage@WILLIAMSJANET@cheryllee@Sdoughy7@Mlheifner76@babysteps@Dandylu@Honney@Hdgal2021@memehill@talcorn@Nanasaucedo@Jesse'sGirl@Cdionne1089@Tnlisa06@gramybear@Ilove2sew‍ 

Don't hesitate to share with us here!

Take care,
Courtney

Beginning of the discussion - 4/20/22

Posted on

oh yes it has..

With all the fatigue, pains and aches, my appetite issues, weight problems, people's attitude... it is just not possible to stay positive! well for me, at least. sometimes I just want to curle up and fall asleep and ... well. It's been hard for me lately.

how do others manage to stay positive and look on the bright side of things? any advice??

and thanks for the article Courtney!

Posted on

Hang in there! If you are physically able to keep busy, exercise it helps with pain.

Most commented discussions