/static/themes-v3/default/images/default/home/bg-generic.jpg?1516194360

Patients Diabetes (Type 2)

1 reply

Topic of the discussion

Posted on

I have been using Symlin as an addition to my insulin regime.  I take Novolog before meals and Lantus twice a day, roughly every 12 hours, and have been doing so for many years.  When my wife turned 65 in October 2020, we were no longer covered under her health plan with her former employer so we had to find Medicare supplement plans.  However, Symlin was outrageous expensive under any plan that I looked at.   I went with one of Humana's drug plans.  I had a year’s supply which will run out in a few weeks.  I know there are some alternatives to Symlin.  Does anyone here have any thoughts?  Is Symlin still very expensive.  

Beginning of the discussion - 12/3/21

Alternatives to Symlin

• Community manager
Posted on

Hello @smfcfpcpa‍, thank you for opening this discussion. Let me tag some other members who can possibly share with you.

Hi everyone, how are you doing?

Are any of you on Symlin (pramlintide)? Do you know if there are any alternatives? What is the pricing like? Is it covered by your insurance? Can you share any thoughts or advice?
@Refreshed@munnymale@trenton0424@Annae777@BajaSara@mamachuckles@Ikeslim34@Hoodeet@DrPersepone@Jbug10254@Doug_RVA@GailPF@EdithG1980@Dryjr71@Momkarpy@jenaor@knekeh@ewm7712‍ 

Take care,
Courtney

Most commented discussions