Newly diagnosed: Can diabetes be reversed with diet & exercise?

/static/themes-v3/default/images/default/home/bg-generic.jpg?1516194360

Patients Diabetes (Type 2)

Posted on

i’ve had t2 diabetes for a very long time and about 3 yrs ago i i had back surgery and now i have almost no strength in my legs. i don’t think the surgery caused my loss of strength but thought id mention the diagnosis i got, its called amyotrophic neuropathy, has anyone heard of this and possibly offer suggestions on dealing with this malady.

jimchance

Posted on

Hi there, I was diagnosed with type 2 almost 9 years ago. It was not a surprise, since I was overweight and my Dad had this disease also. I knew what it could do and I was lucky that it was caught in the early stages. I did have good info from the hospital and I started counting my carbs right away. Then I joined an exercise group and that has helped me the most. So far I am doing very well and my doctor says I am in remission!  My A1c was 5.4 last week. However, I know that I have a problem with eating and it has been a difficult winter. I find myself wanting to eat all the stuff I know I can't, which of course makes it that much more attractive, right? Anyway, I hope to get some help with this, maybe through therapy or a group of some sort. Diabetes is everywhere it seems and I feel it has everything to do with our diet and lack of exercise. It seems to simple but it isn't!

Posted on

@renee1 How are you doing? Did you manage to reverse it? I believe in certain cases type 2 can be reversed with drastic measures, but I don't think there is ever a guarantee that it won't return. Wishing you the best!

Most commented discussions