How can I help my spouse through his depression?

https://www.carenity.us/static/themes-v3/default/images/us/header/depression.jpg

Patients Depression

Beginning of the discussion - 2/4/22

• Community manager
Posted on

Hi @Vernalexander, how are you doing? Can you tell us a bit more about what you're going through? That way other members will know better how to respond. Are you having a hard time in your relationship?

Take care,

Courtney

Posted on

Hi. My spouse has lost a lot of weight in the space of 2 months. He is always irritated at the slightest things. He seems irrational also. He has problems sleeping and eating. He lays on the bed the whole day and demotivated to do anything. He is also unemployed due to the pandemic. However, I am employed. I would really appreciate some advice as to how to help him get back from this. What do I do?

• Community manager
Posted on

Hi @Vernalexander‍, thank you for sharing. I'm sorry to hear he's having a hard time. It can be hard to watch someone you love going through something like that. Has he thought about seeing a doctor? They should be able to do an overall health check and point him in the right direction if he needs more support or medical treatment.

For those of you who yourself have been through depression or have loved ones who've struggled with depression, can you share with us? How did you know when you or they needed help? What can Vernaalexander do to support her spouse through this?
@Farjina123@Memymo@Maddie1coop@hazelnut@Lilmamafroyo@Grace16618@Sierradvs@AlexanderWilder0414@Maria1362@DiamondNaree26@Sssnicky@Hkleague@Bighearted123@Mrsmcfarland88@Jamesr@Cyyber@Psmith1299@PHope5@alexamcastillo‍ 

Take care,
Courtney

Most commented discussions