New here - How can I get out of my own head?

https://www.carenity.us/static/themes-v3/default/images/us/header/depression.jpg

Patients Depression

10 replies

Topic of the discussion

Posted on

Hi all. I'm new to the site. I have been dealing with depression my entire life. I thought I was doing well, but I've come to realize I have been  lying to myself & my counselor. I am struggling with everything. I have been having some pretty crazy thoughts lately and I can't seem to get out of my head. I'm really worried I'm not going to make it out of this episode in one piece.

Beginning of the discussion - 4/15/20

Posted on

@Louwho45 Hey Louwho45, are you still feeling stuck in your head? This is such a crazy time, I'm sure being stuck at home isn't helping. Why do you think you're lying to your counselor?

Posted on

@Louwho45‍ Hi there, don't hesitate to talk to us here. Carenity is really a safe place where you can say things that you won't say in real life. Self isolation is really hard on us but maybe this will be the right time for you to see things more clearly? Stay safe!

Posted on

deep breathing, distraction, opposite action, exercise, TIP or activating your dive response with cold water to your head/face for 30 seconds

Posted on

Thanks for answering everyone.  I am doing better. I just needed to have my meds adjusted. 

Posted on

anyone on here? :(

• Community manager
Posted on

@Louwho45 Hello Louwho45, I'm glad to hear you're doing better! emoticon bashful

@mcmillansara‍ Hello mcmillansara, do you have something on your mind? The community is here for you if you need to talk! emoticon heart

Take care,

Courtney

Posted on

Yes I would love to talk I feel like I need a better support system because no one around me seems to understand what I'm going through :(

Posted on

@mcmillansara I will be more than happy to talk with you. you can message me anytime.

Posted on

thank you @Louwho45‍ we need more people like you in this world

Most commented discussions