How do you manage blood pressure as you get older?

https://www.carenity.us/static/themes-v3/default/images/us/header/cerebrovascular-accident.jpg

Patients Cerebrovascular accident

4 replies

Topic of the discussion

Posted on

Hi everyone,

My blood pressure has been a little higher than my normal ranges ~116/76 -  126/ 82.

Has anyone else experienced this as they have aged? How do you manage your blood pressure as you get older?

Thank you.

Beginning of the discussion - 7/31/20

Posted on

Meds

Posted on

@hubby44‍ @Copper14 Hello members, thank you for creating and participating in this discussion! I think this is an interesting topic for many of us here in the group. Let me tag some other members who may not have seen this yet.

Hello all,  have any of you noticed that your blood pressure has gone up as you've gotten older? How do manage it? @Patricia1977@jimemays@SoapMaven@Ninah51@Tfig218@Junior@Martis@Deann020@2ndsight@claturi@mcgrubsfc@Slwhite412@Jastanley9@patbigelow@Levon28@waynehazlett@candijo13@Robin728@IlenaG‍ 

Feel free to share here!

Take care,
Courtney

Posted on

Mine keeps creeping up.   I was put on meds and diet.

Posted on

Yes it has tried to sneak up.   Fight the weight.   Not easy but necessary.   Be active.  Again depending on the individual not always easy.  Watch sodium.  Ignore the salt shaker.  There is enough sodium in your diet.   Last is medication.  I take a low dose of atenolol not for BP and afib.   Reduce pain.   Pain increased BP naturally.