What is your cancer diagnosis?

https://www.carenity.us/static/themes-v3/default/images/us/header/cancer.jpg

Patients Cancer

Posted on

Yes I love to cook and bake especially.  I am in the middle of moving so I can’t even bake a cake which was always a kind of therapy for me! Lol but I’m trying to eat all of my favorite things before I have to start treatments. I go tomorrow for my MRI/MRICP and then Wed for my PET scan.  A week from today I go back to the doctor to get my results and find out what kind of cancer I have. We don’t even know for sure but I’m worried it’s pancreatic. My cousin had it in her 30’s. 

Posted on

Damn that sucks. How does this happen? It's crazy. Some people are just screwed. I wish u the best of luck. Hopefully u cought it early enough. 

Posted on

Well, today I go for my lumpectomy.  I am very lucky it was caught early. But the histologist evaluation was that it was 3-4 invasive with a supposed 35% of recurrence.  That's the scary part. We will see. The next step is radiation. 

Posted on

Hello.  I am new here and was also just diagnosed a couple of days ago with lung cancer.  I have not had any symptoms or at least none that I paid attention to.  I have been getting short of breath especially when I am up moving around quickly cleaning, but other than that I have nothing.  I was to go in for knee replacement and my mass was found on a chest x-ray that was done as a pre surgery check.  From there I had a CT scan which confirmed the mass then a biopsy which definitely confirmed it is cancer.  I have a PET scan scheduled for in a couple of days to check to see if it has spread.  I am totally scared to death.  The unknown is the worst.  I am trying to be strong and find if I don’t dwell on it I am ok but as soon as I think about  it too much or someone says ”i am so sorry”, I want to crumble.  I have my daughter and grandson coming in from another state to be with me through the beginning phase of scans and first oncology visit.  What can I do to keep strong?

Posted on

IDK it's tough I got major throat surgery in 2 days and 2 days ago I kinda broke up with my fiance. We just have to find strength in ourselves I think. Good luck to u. Keep me updated. My names Justin.  I'm not sure if names show on this site. I'm new. But yeah just find it in yourself.  Also oxycodone and a few beers help.

Posted on
Critt, I find that you just keep moving forward. One breath at a time. I just keep living and trying to enjoy every single day. I don’t know what tomorrow will bring so I just LIVE. If you don’t then “it” wins and I refuse to accept that. I still don’t know what cancer I have! My PET and MRI are clean. The genetic test they did on the tissue from the muscle mass they removed shows that it is 90% gallbladder cancer. I had my gallbladder removed a couple of years ago. They got those slides and didn’t see any cancer! So we have no idea what is going on. They are saying it may be CUP, cancer of unknown primary. So, I’m going to MD Anderson to be seen. They will get my slides and records and review and set me up to see one of their doctors. I’m blessed that my sister lives in Houston so I can stay with her while we figure this out.

Posted on

Hello I was just diagnosed with stage 3 cancer of the right arm and nodes from skin cancer

Posted on

Hi I'm MJ, I'm new here.  It started last year I had a liver biopsie and that came back clear.  Then I had a heart issues and they found a lump in my lung during a CT scan.  Right now they're watching the size. If it grows they'll do a biopsy and go from there.  Today my primary found several spots of skin cancer.  Going to the dermatologist next month.  I've spent today looking at pictures of melonoma and scaring myself.  

Posted on

Hi everyone, my husband went through treatment last year for lung cancer, and I joined this site to get more information and try to learn how I could support him. He really struggled with depression during treatment and now, even though he's clear and his follow-up appointments have all been positive, he's still really struggling with anxiety. He's afraid it'll come back and the treatment will fail. I try to be there for him the best I can, but some days it's hard because I don't know how to make him feel better.

@Mjmiller66‍ How did your dermatologist appointment go? Keeping my fingers crossed for you!

Posted on

I had diffuse large B-cell lymphoma and went through R-CHOP chemo. I'm now in remission. If I can get through it, you all can too! Stay strong!

Most commented discussions