How Do You Thrive With Cancer?

https://www.carenity.us/static/themes-v3/default/images/us/header/cancer.jpg

Patients Cancer

Posted on

@Ronster I am sorry to hear everything you have gone through but I am so happy to see how you are thriving. It just shows how much "mental" plays a role. I can see it through all of your responses. That is amazing that you continue to do everything you did before cancer! You are amazing!

I agree with your statement: "I learned you need something to get you out of bed. A reason to live." And you are so right. Even when I feel difficulty in my life, just seeing my cat can brighten my day.

I am sorry that Medicare won't cover your dental needs; however, there is an ongoing push in Congress to expand Medicare coverage to include more dental coverage.

Have you sought out other possible avenues of aid or perhaps clinics that provide assistance? What area of the country do you reside in? I would be more than happy to try and assist in searching.

Posted on

@Gmoney so glad that you are in remission.

I wish you and @KHooper‍ 's mom the best and will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

Posted on

I'm new to this site and would like to get to know the people with similar cancer. First of all, I originally was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2008 at which time I had a mastectomy on my right breast. Then in 2015, I developed cancer in my left breast having another mastectomy. Thought all was going well until I developed a compression fracture in my L2 vertebrae.......had it repaired while taking a biopsy of the area. Well, that came back malignant and after further tests found cancer in my T12 , L5. both hips and the anterior area of my pelvis. I'm currently on Xgevia shots monthly and xeloda , 2000 mg two times daily for 14 days then off for 7. I must say that I'm scared to death and pray daily for a cure for all people suffering with this horrible disease. Just needing someone to talk to. Thank you and God Bless.

Posted on

I always try to think of the positive side of things. I can't smell thru my nose cause i breath thru a stoma in my neck. I may not be able to smell the roses and I also can't smell the fertilizer either.

Posted on

So sorry to hear of your misfortune. I'm glad that you have a positive side. That is where I lack. I guess that I'm a negative type, however I'm trying to get in positive mode. It;s kinda tough when bad luck seems to follow you. Thank you for your inspiration.

Posted on

It seems like cancer has exploded everywhere...everywhere you look someone has passed from battling this monster?. Never noticed this before.  My mom is having her third round of chemo on Monday after that she will have another treatment two weeks later than a scan to see if it’s working???. Wish there was a way to tell before the scan.  

Posted on

Hello all. I was just recently diagnosed with ovarian cancer. I've been looking around for other women's stories. And if you could - Ashley's Medical Costs - any little bit helps. I will forever be thankful.

Posted on

I see a lot of people on this thread discussing what medical procedures have been performed on them.  That is putting total faith in the medical industry to fix one’s problems.  The problem with this is that studies have shown that standard medical protocols have a very poor CURE rate, as evidenced by 5 year survival rates.

i now believe that it is possible to take charge of your own encouragement of your body’s own potential to deal with cancer by  making a radical departure from the “Standard American Diet” to eating a fruit and vegetable based diet.  That, and the use of natural supplements such as tumeric, ginger, and garlic have clinical studies showing the efficacy in reversing the effects of cancer.  A excellent example of this protocol can be found in the book “Chris Beat Cancer” or the website chrisbeatcancer.com

Posted on

I'm dealing with rectuall cancer stage three going through second round of chemo treatment and it's drying my skin got special cream and need lotd of prayer right now I havey down days and my good days but lots of family and friends praying for me going to find my results this Thursday to see where the tumor is or shrunk any more since the last pet scan was still the same as of the first pet scan angela

Posted on

@Ronster i admire you fear of the unknown and fear of fear God bless you

Most commented discussions