How Do You Thrive With Cancer?

https://www.carenity.us/static/themes-v3/default/images/us/header/cancer.jpg

Patients Cancer

Posted on

@Maryellen That is great. Animals, especially dogs, are great companions aren't they?

Those trips sound amazing! That is definitely thriving. Both sound so amazing! I am sure you will have a grand time. There is few things better than traveling and experiencing parts of the world. 

I am sure one of those better things is spending time with your grandson! I am sure he brings you much joy. 

Posted on

@Gmoney Did you defeat breast cancer as well?

I am so happy to hear that leaning on God helps you and has gotten you through! We all thrive in different ways, no matter the conditions we are faced, and I am glad you have found a way to thrive through your faith.

Posted on

I was diagnosed with stage 4 throat cancer. I went thru chemo and radiation treatment. I had trach surgery. Later on the cancer returned full force. I had surgery removing my vocal chords, full trach. I can not smell anymore. My teeth fell out due to the radiation treatment. Medicare didn't cover dental so can't afford to have my teeth replaced. The Dr. told me I would be on morphine for the rest of my life. I was on pain meds for 9 years. I been off them for a year. I speak with a talking device but I didn't let that stop me. I wake up everyday and do everything I did before I had cancer. I learned you need something to get you out of bed. A reason to live. A pet a job a girl or boy friend wife or husband. A purpose. I have people that depend on me and I depend on them.

Posted on

That is great that you are still going strong...they say mental is a big part of recovery.  Keep it up and good luck to you!

Posted on

@Ronster I am so sorry you have all of this on you. I will be praying for you too. 

Posted on

@KHooper yes I had to keep my mind positive also during chemo I had a mental thing about food that I would think about what sounded good then I would go get it. That is how I kept eating. Now I have to make sure I don’t do that now lol 

Posted on

@Lee__R yes as of now I am in remission on breast cancer also. 

Posted on

@Gmoney that is so great,  I will pass that on to my mom.  Maybe she can try that too.  She cannot afford to loose any more weight.  I’m trying everything to make her eat and I think I’m the one that is gaining?‍♀️...

Posted on

@KHooper well it is hard but when they got me to where I didn’t get sick with it which amend was my very best friend through chemo. I would get my infusion and think about what food to eat lol my dad would laugh at me cause that is all I thought about lol but it helps it did me 

Posted on

I went threw radiation and chemo very well except the damage the radiation did to my esophagus I’ve had balloon to open my esophagus up but still I have to be very careful what I eat or I’ll get choked.

Most commented discussions