What treatments have you undergone for your bladder cancer?

/static/themes-v3/default/images/default/home/bg-generic.jpg?1516194360

Patients Bladder cancer

2 replies

Topic of the discussion

Posted on

Hello,

How are you today? emoticon cute

I've created this discussion to allow you to discuss treatments for bladder cancer.

What has your treatment for bladder cancer been like? Have you had surgery? Chemotherapy? What were the results and side effects?
@Fjaustin@Lucinda@Deedles12@Fishydu@Lamaria@mcrupple@JerryL.@Terri324@Diannebudzinski@Dongirl@Jeter2009@marge44dog@sirrick@Biancaa9@tdenuszek@Cam69connell@Saralynd@Lakobe1‍ 

Feel free to ask any questions, share your experience and advice here in this discussion!

Take care,
Courtney

Beginning of the discussion - 7/16/20

Posted on

@Courtney_J Hi, I think I've said this in a few of the threads, so sorry if it's repetitive. But I just had stage 1 so I was lucky and my treatment was brief and effective. I had the TURBT procedure done to get the tumor and see how and if it had spread and they were able to get it with the one go. Then a few hours later I had the BCG treatment to get any remaining cancer cells. I had a bit of pain from the TURBT which I think it pretty standard given what it is, and then I did have some flu-like symptoms after the BCG. But it was all worthwhile because I'm still cancer free today!

Posted on

Stage 1 intermediate risk. I was diagnosed May 2018. I have had 3 TURBT and 12 BCG Treatments. I tolerated the BCG’s well. No pain but urgency for 24 hrs after. Up to now I have been receiving cystoscopies every 3 months. NED.