Asthma attack and dismissed by MDs and Nurses - What do you do?

https://www.carenity.us/static/themes-v3/default/images/us/header/asthma.jpg

Patients Asthma

2 replies

Topic of the discussion

Member Carenity
Posted on

Hello,

What do you guys do when you suffer a bad attack and you go to the ER (or a walk in clinic, whatever it may be) and you are told everything is fine?

I recently experienced such an episode and was told I was fine, my oxygen was fine, and that I need to relax because I am stressing myself out.

What do you do when you are dismissed and told it is your own anxiety/stress?

Has anyone exprienced this?

Beginning of the discussion - 11/1/18

Member Carenity
Posted on

Sorry to hear you have experienced that! We all, unfortunately, at times face medical staff that does not understand our condition(s) or fails to try. I have not had such an experience, but have had experiences where it seemed the medical staff did not really care.

Member Carenity
Posted on

I normally go to a different location. If they aren't willing to take what I'm going through as a real issue, they will not take the time to treat the issue properly. For the longest time I was told the asthma attacks were just bad allergies. Since it wasn't allergies the symptoms got worse. I went into different  ERs each time till someone listened to me and they were mad at the other doctors because he said it was clear that I was having asthma attacks.