- Home
- Forums
- Ankylosing spondylitis Forum
- Living with ankylosing spondylitis
- Do you have any experiences with applying for disability with AS?
Patients Ankylosing spondylitis
Do you have any experiences with applying for disability with AS?
- 46 views
- 0 support
- 3 comments
All comments
Courtney_J
Community managerGood advisor
Courtney_J
Community manager
Last activity on 08/08/2022 at 11:09 AM
Joined in 2020
1,334 comments posted | 23 in the Ankylosing spondylitis Forum
6 of their responses were helpful to members
Rewards
-
Good Advisor
-
Contributor
-
Messenger
-
Explorer
-
Friend
Hello @Haybeycheblai002, thank you for opening this discussion! I know that applying for disability can be a long and sometimes confusing process. Let me tag some other members who can possibly share with you!
Hi everyone, how are you doing? Do any of you have any experience in applying for disability when you have AS? Does AS make one eligible for SSI or disability aid? Can anyone share their experience in applying? Are there any helpful resources or anything we should know?
@Proacraipris9 @Tigoproutean4709 @6300Bloatisayl @9Faybreapock @80Beaver @Hidden username @Bravaigoar @6141Lailoofeck @Hidden username @Hidden username @Brooribor5 @059Trebler @7872Cletekon @Geebeal @Thutoudil0760 @Hidden username
Feel free to share any experiences or advice here!
Take care,
Courtney
See the signature
Courtney_J, Community Manager, Carenity US
Close all
See the responses
Braiwoothoock9173
Braiwoothoock9173
Last activity on 05/15/2025 at 6:23 AM
Joined in 2025
Patient, Ankylosing spondylitis since 2025
1 comment posted | 1 in the Ankylosing spondylitis Forum
Rewards
-
Explorer
@Courtney_J @Proacraipris9 @Tigoproutean4709 @6300Bloatisayl @9Faybreapock @80Beaver @Hidden username @Bravaigoar @6141Lailoofeck @Hidden username @Hidden username @Brooribor5 @9Pouweng @7872Cletekon @Thutoudil0760 @Hidden username
I am a new member. Hope I will get a lot of useful information at this forum.
Toacray721
Toacray721
Last activity on 10/07/2026 at 12:00 PM
Joined in 2026
Patient support group for Goodpasture syndrome since 2026
1 comment posted | 1 in the Ankylosing spondylitis Forum
Rewards
-
Explorer
I think one of the most difficult parts of applying for disability is figuring out how your condition actually affects your ability to work and manage everyday responsibilities. Having clear medical records and examples of those limitations can make your situation much easier to explain. It’s also worth remembering that eligibility usually depends on how significantly the condition affects your functioning, not simply on having a specific diagnosis. geometry dash
Hide the responses
Give your opinion
Members are also commenting on...
Articles to discover...
10/16/2018 | Testimonial
Ankylosing Spondylitis: More Than Fifteen Years of Pain to Finally Live a Better Life
06/15/2020 | Testimonial
Testimonial: "More than two months later, I'm still not completely recovered!"
Medication fact sheets - patient opinions...
Subscribe
You wish to be notified of new comments
You have been subscribed
Haybeycheblai002
Haybeycheblai002
Last activity on 01/05/2022 at 5:43 PM
Joined in 2021
10 comments posted | 10 in the Ankylosing spondylitis Forum
Rewards
Messenger
Explorer
Hi, does anyone have any experience applying for disability with AS? Can anyone share about the process? I'm interested in hearing about any experiences because I'm thinking about going through it but I don't know if we're eligible with AS.
Thanks in advance