- Home
- Forums
- Ankylosing spondylitis Forum
- Living with ankylosing spondylitis
- Ankylosing Spondylitis and Cold Weather: Do Autumn Changes Affect Your Symptoms?
Patients Ankylosing spondylitis
Ankylosing Spondylitis and Cold Weather: Do Autumn Changes Affect Your Symptoms?
- 2 views
- 0 support
- no comments
Give your opinion
Members are also commenting on...
Unregistered member
I am in the severe range now at 74 yrs old. I have found thru trial and error and getting older with SA, I sleep on my back because I can hardly turn to my side now. I also take 10 mg Melatonin. I didn't know it came in 20 mg! (Thanks ladyslipper 67) What has really help with my back pain, when in bed, is a large memory foam wedge. The large end is under my knees and my legs go down to the small end. It doesn't move when I sleep but then again I am not turning over back and forth. This takes the pressure off my back. I hope this helps someone.
See the best comment
Unregistered member
I am in the severe range now at 74 yrs old. I have found thru trial and error and getting older with SA, I sleep on my back because I can hardly turn to my side now. I also take 10 mg Melatonin. I didn't know it came in 20 mg! (Thanks ladyslipper 67) What has really help with my back pain, when in bed, is a large memory foam wedge. The large end is under my knees and my legs go down to the small end. It doesn't move when I sleep but then again I am not turning over back and forth. This takes the pressure off my back. I hope this helps someone.
See the best comment
Articles to discover...
10/16/2018 | Testimonial
Ankylosing Spondylitis: More Than Fifteen Years of Pain to Finally Live a Better Life
06/15/2020 | Testimonial
Testimonial: "More than two months later, I'm still not completely recovered!"
Medication fact sheets - patient opinions...
Subscribe
You wish to be notified of new comments
You have been subscribed
Razar.M
Community managerRazar.M
Community manager
Last activity on 10/02/2026 at 5:33 PM
Joined in 2026
39 comments posted | 1 in the Ankylosing spondylitis Forum
Rewards
Contributor
Messenger
Explorer
Hi everyone 👋
Autumn is here, bringing cooler mornings, shorter days and often a little more damp weather.
When you live with ankylosing spondylitis, you may become very aware of the things that seem to influence how you feel from one day to another. Some people say changes in temperature or weather affect their stiffness, pain or energy, while others don’t notice much difference at all.
Do you notice any changes in your AS symptoms when the weather becomes colder or damper?
Have you found anything that makes autumn and winter days easier for you - whether that’s movement, warmth, changing your routine or something else?
Everyone’s experience with AS is different, so I’d really like to hear what you’ve noticed in your own daily life.
@Sheloolabosh5 @Frouchea42 @Blaicraichait5568 @Poufelour72 @Glejoavoon57 @Biclayl8 @Flayvoufreegou4 @Lefoacen7060 @Soubicheyck058 @Goagafrong310 @8901Vetoagayck @Neahes21 @5043Floodreyvun @Braiwoothoock9173 @Bapedraytash86 @Setrock025 @95Shenuceesh @Sufree6966 @Dreelaitheabayl36 @Blumeygrair632 @Coastal5 @Sheepreceel25 @8Judreyng @Vaiglis992 @Kifoogroon77 @Floujeas83 @Froopri104 @Blemuthean27 @Ciwineet96 @80Preegloorel @Woadeerayng30 @Heastoster2 @Linobreyloal657 @Braidear256 @Cisish9 @746Teajaytayt @6Blaikicheen @Feefrafung0560 @899Ploovewosh @Foprong19 @Bleyroal7 @Destut9448 @Nobruveys4606 @422Thostaiyosh @Braydris8603 @Fethun88 @Deybroon378 @Bahealush8686
If you feel comfortable, share your experiences, tips or questions with the community. 💙
Take Care,
Razar from the Carenity team💖