How does chronic pain affect your well-being and daily life?

/static/themes-v3/default/images/default/home/bg-generic.jpg?1516194360

5 replies

Topic of the discussion

• Community manager
Posted on

Hello everyone,

How are you today? emoticon cute

No matter the origin, chronic pain can have an impact on one's psyche over time, causing insomnia, depression, anxiety, stress, fatigue, social withdrawal and more.

For those of you living with chronic pain, how has it impacted you? Has your pain had an influence on your mental health? What about your daily life?

Feel free to share and discuss here!

Take care,
Courtney

Beginning of the discussion - 5/29/21

Posted on

I've had chronic pain for 30 years,an am depressed a fair amount,my ears are constantly screaming with tinitis,I have 5 bulging discs in spine from years of heavy trucking,ulcerative colitis,a vascular necrosis,emphysemaemphysema etc.God bless all .

Posted on

@Courtney_J 

Hello Courtney, 

How are you? Living with chronic pIn is a burden you have good days and bad days but you continue to move on. How are you? I have received one dose of covid and will receive another one in another week. It has not affected me in anyway.  Thank you, Pammy

Posted on

Chronic pain and insomnia seem to follow hand in hand. I try to find something positive in these negatives. 
I know it could be worse,and there are some who unfortunately do. Try to find something that is a silver lining. This disease has made me a stronger person. Blessings to everyone.

Posted on

Being in pain all the time really wears you down. I have psoriatic arthritis and it's like night and day when I'm having a flare and when it's under control. If you're in pain, you can't sleep, if you don't sleep, you're in pain and your mood is low... It's a vicious cycle. It's good to know I'm not alone. Not good that others are suffering, I mean, but it helps knowing that I'm not alone in this.

Posted on

being in pain for most of my adult life has been a rollercoaster. I hurt every single day with pain of something on my body. I have had open hear.t surgery, they took a bunion off my left foot and I hurt it again yesterday, so I need to get it checked out to make sure nothing moved in thier. I also had 2 mini strokes which screw-up my memory and I've Got 2 anurysms one was coiled and one they are watching. I also have ptsd.scizofrantic.anxiety and mood swings and a sleep disorder.