How does chronic pain affect your well-being and daily life?

/static/themes-v3/default/images/default/home/bg-generic.jpg?1516194360

19 replies

Topic of the discussion

• Community manager
Posted on

Hello everyone,

How are you today? emoticon cute

No matter the origin, chronic pain can have an impact on one's psyche over time, causing insomnia, depression, anxiety, stress, fatigue, social withdrawal and more.

For those of you living with chronic pain, how has it impacted you? Has your pain had an influence on your mental health? What about your daily life?

Feel free to share and discuss here!

Take care,
Courtney

Beginning of the discussion - 5/29/21

Posted on

I've had chronic pain for 30 years,an am depressed a fair amount,my ears are constantly screaming with tinitis,I have 5 bulging discs in spine from years of heavy trucking,ulcerative colitis,a vascular necrosis,emphysemaemphysema etc.God bless all .

Posted on

@Courtney_J 

Hello Courtney, 

How are you? Living with chronic pIn is a burden you have good days and bad days but you continue to move on. How are you? I have received one dose of covid and will receive another one in another week. It has not affected me in anyway.  Thank you, Pammy

Posted on

Chronic pain and insomnia seem to follow hand in hand. I try to find something positive in these negatives. 
I know it could be worse,and there are some who unfortunately do. Try to find something that is a silver lining. This disease has made me a stronger person. Blessings to everyone.

Posted on

Being in pain all the time really wears you down. I have psoriatic arthritis and it's like night and day when I'm having a flare and when it's under control. If you're in pain, you can't sleep, if you don't sleep, you're in pain and your mood is low... It's a vicious cycle. It's good to know I'm not alone. Not good that others are suffering, I mean, but it helps knowing that I'm not alone in this.

Posted on

being in pain for most of my adult life has been a rollercoaster. I hurt every single day with pain of something on my body. I have had open hear.t surgery, they took a bunion off my left foot and I hurt it again yesterday, so I need to get it checked out to make sure nothing moved in thier. I also had 2 mini strokes which screw-up my memory and I've Got 2 anurysms one was coiled and one they are watching. I also have ptsd.scizofrantic.anxiety and mood swings and a sleep disorder.

Posted on

My chronic pain I search for treatments not related to taking pain pills. It affects my mobility and then the lack of mobility affects my weight and muscles. I have nerve blocks and epidurals when needed and go to physical therapy when prescribed. I manage my life accordingly.

Posted on

Chronic pain is a pain in the butt!! Every time you broach the subject medical team looks at you like your drug seeking!! Well some of us aren’t we just need to kick this pain to the curb and enjoy life!!!!! I know one Dr kept on raising my oxycodon and it wasn’t helping the pain. Then I saw a pain Dr and she/he put me on suboxone. Well that was just great but medical people really thought you were a drug addict not realizing it is for people with chronic pain. 
Then the VA put me on Nucynta or Tapentadol and that helped but my back was in horrible pain and the Nucynta didn’t touch it much and they tried pain patches and creams and so on. Then a pain Dr did ablations in the SI joint and let me tell you, he was a ass but that began to help. I had to fight to be put earlier on the schedule or that would have been 6 months out!!  If people don’t have the pain then they just don’t understand. A lot of my pain was actively working as a nurse and of course weight. I hate saying weight cause I was smaller and now larger. I hate all this weight but I haven’t worked in 10 years and surely trying to fight for exercise eqtthat would help me. Man it’s a double edge sword. Yes I still have pain all over and it sucks!!

Posted on

My chronic pain is my migraines.  I have medication but try to destress with exercise and meditation.  

Posted on

I have Chronic Fatigue and my body has become riddled with pain, burning,numbness.

I don't know how to even describe how I feel sometimes. 

On days that I do feel okay I try to do housework and laundry, maybe work a little in my raised bed garden. The bad thing is how will I feel in a few hours or tomorrow. I never know until I'm in excruciating pain, or sometimes I'm just a little sore. There is No rhyme or reason. NONE