Medical Marijuana for focal dystonia - anyone with experience?

/static/themes-v3/default/images/default/home/bg-generic.jpg?1516194360

Patients Focal dystonia

Member Carenity
Posted on

Important note for cannibas users of those that wish to try using it for Dystonia symptoms; Make sure to purchase an Indica, not a Sativa if purchasing a product with THC. I have been able to sleep without any Flexedil or Lunesta since I began using Indica before bedtime. Try it, you have nothing to lose.

Member Carenity
Posted on

@Hidden username I live in NJ where our Gov recently tried to get a bill passed approving cannibas but it was stopped by the opposition. We do have medical marijuana however the cost of just applying and then getting it are outrageous for the average person. 

Member Carenity
Posted on

@Hidden username 

What CBD THC ratio are you taking? 1:1, 5:1 and how many mgs. ???

ALSO, how are you using it? Tincture, edibles, vaping?

What symptoms is it helping you with?

I would really appreciate this info.!!!! Thank you!

Member Carenity
Posted on

I either smoke, vape or eat gummies. The cannibas relaxes my body and mind. That, along with a commitment to time sitting and practicing my deep breathing...those breaths slow/stop head tremors pretty quickly. Good luck! Anyone else have success with cannibas?

Member Carenity
Posted on

@Hidden username  

Looking for feedback before I dive into the MM CARD!! I WILL POST WHAT I find. Thank you! There's not much information on focal hand dystonia out there.

Member Carenity
Posted on

@Hidden username 

What CBD/ THC ratio are you taking? 1:1, 5:1 and how many mgs. ???

Member Carenity
Posted on

I don’t focus on a high CBD content.  Are usually look for a high THC content/Indica strain. This replaces my need for a muscle relax sent most days .

Member Carenity
Posted on

@Hidden username 

How high of a level of THC are you talkin about? I'm looking to relax the muscle spasms due to the dystonia in my hand.

Member Carenity
Posted on

When you go to a dispensary, tell the person behind the counter that you would like something to treat your muscle pain. If you want help sleeping, mention that as well. Initially,  perhaps buy a small quantity so you can experiment with it. If you don’t get relief after a couple of days, go back and tell them. It’s really no different than going into a pharmacy asking about over the counter meds. If you don’t want to deal with smoking or vaping, ask for their recommendation for gummies, based on the relief you’re looking for. I still take a low dose of Flexeril before bed though. It helps to insure that the muscles in my neck and upper back relax thru the night. Good luck and keep me posted!

Member Carenity
Posted on

@Hidden username 

Thank you for all this great information. If I have any more information I can share with anyone on this thread, I will. Thank you again!