Endometriosis surgery: Experiences, Advice?

/static/themes-v3/default/images/default/home/bg-generic.jpg?1516194360

Patients Endometriosis

1 reply

Topic of the discussion

Posted on

Hello ladies,

I've had endometriosis for at least 8 years now and it's just gotten worse and worse each year. Nothing I have tried has worked, so my doctor is encouraging me to have surgery to remove scar tissue and a possible cyst. I'm hesitant to do it because I've heard that surgery isn't really effective because the tissue just grows back and that the recovery from it is horrendous.

I'm wondering if I should just forget the whole thing and go for a hysterectomy? Can anyone share their experiences either on surgery or hysterectomy? I'm really tired of this disease and if a hysterectomy will just nip it in the but I may just go for that.

Thanks!

Beginning of the discussion - 6/22/20

Endometriosis surgery: Experiences, Advice?

• Community manager
Posted on

@endome Hello endome, thank you for starting this discussion. Let me tag some members who can maybe share their thoughts and experiences with you:

Hello all, how are you today? emoticon cute  Have you gone through surgery for your endometriosis? Did you decide to pursue a hysterectomy? What was either experience like? How was your recovery? Do you have any stories or advice to share with endome? Feel free to share here!
@jessicamj@Ricardo@wfromh316@Blackmale79@moshiro@Cancer2019@Chey666@Emmaturtle@padraig@marwal@Pamking@Bria007@a13xmar1@Soloist53@Pcoleman216@Clopez1@Natale80@Bubbles_‍ 

Take care,
Courtney

Most commented discussions