/static/themes-v3/default/images/default/home/bg-generic.jpg?1516194360

Patients Endometriosis

2 replies

Topic of the discussion

Member Carenity
Posted on

Hi everyone,

Who here has endometriosis and has struggled with finding a partner who understands and also struggled with being comfortable with one's self to disclose the condition and not feel ashamed?

I would love to begin this discussion here with you. I am lucky to finally found someone who accepts me and loves me despite my diagnosis... which is difficult for anyone, but I think this is also came about because I finally became comfortable with my self and my condition... no longer ashamed or embarrassed.

Hope to hear from you soon. Let;s talk and help each other.

Beginning of the discussion - 3/6/19

Endometriosis and relationships... Ladies
Member Carenity • Community manager
Posted on

Hi members, thought you may find this new discussion interesting and wanted to bring it to your attention; feel free to share and comment.

@Hidden username@Hidden username@Hidden username@Hidden username@Hidden username@Hidden username@Hidden username@Hidden username@Hidden username@Hidden username@Hidden username@Hidden username@Hidden username@Hidden username@Hidden username@Hidden username@Hidden username@Hidden username‍ 

Endometriosis and relationships... Ladies
Member Carenity
Posted on

@Hidden username‍ absolutely.... I think it is hard for men to understand at all how a period can affect our emotions, physical well being, energy, etc. So, endometriosis just magnifies this inability to understand because the normal period is now much worse. Also, during sex and after is basically always for me, so my desire to have intercourse is not really there.

The severe abdominal pain and severe cramping can cause me to completely shun away from a partner... I wil not feel like doing anything, be stressed out, tired.... not to mention that sex is painful.