/static/themes-v3/default/images/default/home/bg-generic.jpg?1516194360

Patients Diabetes (Type 2)

Metformin and diarrhea?
Member Carenity
Posted on

I talked my doctor into lowering me back to the .75 and I did not have any symptoms.  However, I am moving up to the 1.5 this week because I have come to a point of blood sugar fasting level staying between 110 and 130 every morning.  She believes we can get it down lower if I increase my dosage.  I just need to take imodium to control the diarrhea.  I will let you all know how that turns out next week.

Metformin and diarrhea?
Member Carenity
Posted on

I switched to Jardiance and have no complaints so far! Talk to your doctor and see if that could be an option for you/

Metformin and diarrhea?
Member Carenity
Posted on

Well I am so happy to report that it has been 2 days since I injected the 1.5 unit of Trulicity and no adverse symptoms.  I am so excited.  My blood sugar was 105 fasting this morning.  That is the best reading yet.  I am thrilled that I will not have to take insulin as the Trulicity is doing its job to stimulate my pancreas to produce the insulin for me.  I am assuming that I had to build up a tolerance for the medication.  It took four weeks but I am good to go anywhere without the fear of needing a bathroom ASAP.