Where do you find affordable testing supplies?

/static/themes-v3/default/images/default/home/bg-generic.jpg?1516194360

Patients Diabetes (Type 2)

3 replies

Topic of the discussion

Posted on

im one week into being a type 2 diabetic.  My health care provider covers only contour next testing supplies.  I test twice a day.  my out of pocket expense is $50 for one month of test strips.  I see I can get a better deal on Amazon.  Is this common and is it advisable to get my strips this way.  Also any information about getting cheap/generic testing supplies would be great.  Thanx --M

Beginning of the discussion - 2/15/20

Posted on

I switched to an inexpensive meter and strips from Walmart. I'm not an expert, but it seems to be doing the job.

Posted on

@mathellyn Hey, my friend was actually just talking to me about this. He uses stripsupply.com to get his strips. I think it's a subscription service. He seems to like it. I haven't tried it so I can't specifically speak from my experience or anything but my friend is satisfied! 

Posted on

I worked at a Walmart pharmacy for 10 years. It broke my heart seeing the elderly paying hundreds of dollars for diabetes supplies, so I made it my mission to make them aware of Walmart’s extremely affordable and quality testing supplies. I never suggested them, as is against store policy - rather, I showed them all of the products and prices, allowing them to make a more informed decision. Personally, I use Relion Premier - the meter was $9, and the strips are $9 for 50. I’ve compared them to One Touch, and the accuracy is the same.

Most commented discussions