Have you found a dosage of insulin that works best for you?

/static/themes-v3/default/images/default/home/bg-generic.jpg?1516194360

Patients Diabetes (Type 2)

5 replies

Topic of the discussion

Posted on

HI !

I WAS RUSHED TO THE EMERGENCY ROOM AND THEN TO THE ICU

THEY TOLD ME THAT MY BLOOD SUGAR WAS ONE THOUSAND AND SEVENTY TWO 1,072 !

SINCE THEN MY INSULIN DOSES ROSE TO 110 UNITS OF LONG LASTING INSULIN TWICE A DAY AND 15 UNITS OF FAST ACTING INSULIN BEFORE MEALS.

I FEEL LIKE 15 UNITS OF FAST ACTING INSULIN BEFORE MEALS ISN'T ENOUGH FOR ME !

HAS ANYONE FOUND A DOSE OF INSULIN THAT WORKS FOR THEM ?

Beginning of the discussion - 10/21/20

Posted on

@COOLCALEB Hello COOLCALEB, thank you for opening this discussion. I'm so sorry to hear you've been in the hospital, but I'm glad you got some care. Extremely high blood sugar can be very dangerous!

You should talk to your doctor if you're not sure your insulin doses are right for you, but in the meantime let me tag some other members who can maybe share their thoughts and advice with you. emoticon cute

Hi everyone, how are you doing today? Can you share some advice with COOLCALEB? Have you ever felt like your insulin doses weren't correct for you? Did you talk to your doctor about it? What works for you?
@gitagupta2020@Fcampbellthomas@rhondaguyton@DJK1944@EDUARDOROMERO@mpnaegle@ebonialeas2@Brenda2@Lindam@sportbilly@johnson1591gmail.com@MJROD1971@ooginal‍ 

Feel free to share your advice and experiences here!

Take care,
Courtney

Posted on

@COOLCALEB I think it's a game of trial and error. You learn with time. I hope you're doing better, it sounds like you really went through it!

Posted on

I have been trying different solutions for insulin delivery. I have tried omni pod and also tried cgm. I have

gone back and forth between the 2. I am now omni pod and finger sticking which works for me currently.

Posted on

I try to eat meals where I have a pretty good idea what the amount of carbs is. I take 8 units of novolog for every 20 gm of Carbs, For meals what I have no idea I try to keep a mental list of what works.  I always check about 2 hrs after the meal and take more if necessary

Posted on

Thanks everyone !

I just added a new medicine called metformin which has been going really well. I am doing 24 units of Admelog before meals now. Its so hard to find the right dose of everything but I do like this new metformin pill.

Best wishes to all my diabuddies !