Frequent urination at night

/static/themes-v3/default/images/default/home/bg-generic.jpg?1516194360

Patients Diabetes (Type 2)

6 replies

Topic of the discussion

Posted on

Hi all, I've been diabetic for many years now but in recent months I've been having to get up more than 4 times a night to urinate... Has anyone else been through this? I'm having a hard time pinpointing if this is a "man thing" or a "diabetes thing" so I thought I'd ask you all.

Thanks

Beginning of the discussion - 11/9/20

Posted on

@sportfan365 Hello sportfan365, thank you for opening this discussion. Let me tag some other members who can potentially share with you on this.

Hi everyone, how are you doing? emoticon cute

Do you sometimes get up several times a night to urinate? How often? What do you think is the reason for this?
@Sandiland@Pearlgl@Odirajames@Jroux9@Storm5019@GlendaBiggs@bstar1202@Weh8sitprecious@Eloy01@Beckiejo40@mnlady@Mac3451@Barbette@Linda1987@agabraham@Mollymc@shelleycarpenter‍ 

Feel free to share and exchange comments below!

Take care,
Courtney

Posted on
Extreme dry mouth so I drink lot of water- hence go to bathroom lot. Also diabetic

Posted on

Being a man... could be prostate issue for you. Check with ur doc

Posted on

Yeah, but it is usually due to drinking liquids and high BS. So, I monitor my BS more closely and stop drinking after 6:30/7PM. When I do that I can sleep through the night or get up once. I am 66. Sometimes I attribute it to my age also. 

Posted on

Hey for all of you out there that may not know, Dexcom has an app, Clarity, it gives you your calculated A1c. Lets you keep closer track of how things are going. I find it very helpful.

Posted on

Thanks for all the feedback, I'll definitely try to get a call into my doc and see. It could very well likely be a prostate thing, but I thought I'd check to see if anyone else with diabetes has this issue too.