- Home
- Forums
- Cardiovascular diseases Forum
- Treatments for cardiovascular diseases
- Short of breath with only slight exertion.
Patients Cardiovascular diseases
Short of breath with only slight exertion.
- 93 views
- 0 support
- 5 comments
All comments
Steepaishait93
Good advisor
Steepaishait93
Last activity on 08/17/2023 at 12:26 AM
Joined in 2018
85 comments posted | 8 in the Cardiovascular diseases Forum
2 of their responses were helpful to members
Rewards
-
Good Advisor
-
Contributor
-
Messenger
-
Explorer
Hi @Hogoploutul what kind of condition do you have? Do you know if it is a restrictive or obstructive diagnosis?
There are breathing exercises out there, depending on the type of condition you have.
Unregistered member
I have mitro valve prolapse and coronary artery disease
Teafeayoos870
Good advisor
Teafeayoos870
Last activity on 09/28/2020 at 2:18 PM
Joined in 2018
24 comments posted | 2 in the Cardiovascular diseases Forum
Rewards
-
Good Advisor
-
Contributor
-
Committed
-
Explorer
-
Newsfeeder
I have chronic Asthma, Coronary Artery Disease ,Diastolic Dysfunction and conduction disorder of the heart among other issues. Just walking less then 1/4 block I am short of breath. If i keep walking and pushing myself it gets worse . I will cough , get dizzy ,lightheaded etc. I have some meat on my bones and need to lose some weight. Extreme cold and extreme heat makes it even worse. I am on lots of medicine. I eat good but can not seem to lose weight. I know that if I was able to be active I would drop weight quickly. I am honestly scared that if I dont get to the point where I can walk it is going to kill me.
7825Preeshaisheng
7825Preeshaisheng
Last activity on 01/31/2026 at 11:49 PM
Joined in 2019
2 comments posted | 1 in the Cardiovascular diseases Forum
Rewards
-
Explorer
I can relate I am going through a night mare of Dr run around been in and out the hospital multiples times since 2017. I went for a check up got barely up to the offices heart pounding barely able to breath. August 2018 hospitalized again sent me home on a walker @ 39. I AM BARELY ABLE TO WALK.
Teafeayoos870
Good advisor
Teafeayoos870
Last activity on 09/28/2020 at 2:18 PM
Joined in 2018
24 comments posted | 2 in the Cardiovascular diseases Forum
Rewards
-
Good Advisor
-
Contributor
-
Committed
-
Explorer
-
Newsfeeder
@7825Preeshaisheng I was tested on getting a mobility aid through Physical Therapy. They recommend a walker@40. However I have not gotten one yet. I am tall and the walker causes people to lean forward. This would not be good as I already have back issues the entire spine has issues. Physical Therapist said that it would probably help me walk longer but was also concerned with what it could do with my spine. It's liked damned if you do and damned if you don't. It is very frustrating.
Give your opinion
Members are also commenting on...
Articles to discover...
Subscribe
You wish to be notified of new comments
You have been subscribed
Hogoploutul
Hogoploutul
Last activity on 10/29/2018 at 4:51 PM
Joined in 2018
2 comments posted | 2 in the Cardiovascular diseases Forum
Rewards
Messenger
Explorer
any remedies?