Logo Carenity
Logo Carenity
Join now! Log in
flag us
flag fr flag en flag es flag de flag it
Home

Forums

Latest discussions
General discussions
See all - Forum index from A to Z

Medications

Medications fact sheet
See all - Medication index from A to Z

Surveys

Ongoing surveys
The results of the surveys

Magazine

Our featured pieces
News
Testimonials
Nutrition
Advice
Procedures & paperwork

Conditions

Fact sheets
See all - Disease index from A to Z

About

About us
Why share your data?
The Carenity team
The ambassadors
Partner associations
Contributors
The Science and Ethics Committee
Our scientific publications
Our commitments
Certifications and awards
Carenity in the news
Editorial policy
Code of conduct and privacy policy
Legal notice
Terms of use
Cookie management
Contact
Carenity for professionals

Join now! Log in
  • Forums

    • Latest discussions
    • General discussions
    • See all - Forum index from A to Z
  • Medications

    • Medications fact sheet
    • See all - Medication index from A to Z
  • Surveys

    • Ongoing surveys
    • The results of the surveys
  • Magazine

    • Our featured pieces
    • News
    • Testimonials
    • Nutrition
    • Advice
    • Procedures & paperwork
  • Conditions

    • Fact sheets
    • See all - Disease index from A to Z
  • Home
  • Forums
  • General forums
  • Treatments for cancer
  • Anyone else having a difficult time managing side effects for cancer treatments?
 Back
Treatments for cancer

Anyone else having a difficult time managing side effects for cancer treatments?

  •  632 views
  •  10 times supported
  •  43 comments
avatar exit

Unregistered member

11/14/2018 at 7:25 AM

I'm post single mastectomy stage 1 breast cancer. I been having one he'll of a time managing these awful side effects from, arimidex to exemestane and femara. Migraines, tendonitis, muscle spasms, joint pain, edema, nausea. My oncologist acts like this treatment is not a big deal and I'm one of the rare people who cannot tolerate these treatments. Anyonelse? I feel alone.

Follow

Other groups...

Carenity News
Feedback for Carenity
Fun and games
General Topics
Good to know
Health and Medical News
How to use Carenity
Let's talk about COVID-19
Life beyond illness
The Holiday Season
Youth patients with chronic conditions

Give your opinion

Survey

What do you think about the Carenity Forum and community?

Survey

Help shape the future of Carenity!

Survey

Become a Carenity Ambassador – Help our community thrive!

All comments

Go to the last comment

avatar Voprish8747

Voprish8747

05/05/2019 at 8:30 PM

avatar Voprish8747

Voprish8747

Last activity on 11/20/2025 at 2:22 PM

Joined in 2018


18 comments posted | 17 in the Treatments for cancer group


Rewards

  • Contributor

  • Explorer

  • Friend


 View profileView  Add a friendAdd  Write

@GinaNewOrleans 

I had all the side effects and I thought I was alone in this. Had to stop taking it. I’m on Tamoxifen but can only take it every other day. Doing better on it. It all has been a horrible experience. I want to live but they really need to come up with something better. After all I’ve been through it’s like why did I do it it if it may come back. Chemo and radiation has messed up my body big time and they don’t know if it will come back. 


Anyone else having a difficult time managing side effects for cancer treatments? https://www.carenity.us/forum/other-discussions/your-opinion-on-cancer-treatments/anyone-else-having-a-difficult-time-managing-side-effects-for-cancer-treatments-aromatase-inhibitors-593 2019-05-05 20:30:39

avatar Voprish8747

Voprish8747

05/05/2019 at 8:32 PM

avatar Voprish8747

Voprish8747

Last activity on 11/20/2025 at 2:22 PM

Joined in 2018


18 comments posted | 17 in the Treatments for cancer group


Rewards

  • Contributor

  • Explorer

  • Friend


 View profileView  Add a friendAdd  Write

@4577Thaicin they seem to not care what all this has done to our bodies 


Anyone else having a difficult time managing side effects for cancer treatments? https://www.carenity.us/forum/other-discussions/your-opinion-on-cancer-treatments/anyone-else-having-a-difficult-time-managing-side-effects-for-cancer-treatments-aromatase-inhibitors-593 2019-05-05 20:32:20

avatar Cheythoagloobret2297

Cheythoagloobret2297

06/19/2019 at 2:48 AM

avatar Cheythoagloobret2297

Cheythoagloobret2297

Last activity on 09/21/2022 at 10:11 PM

Joined in 2018


12 comments posted | 7 in the Treatments for cancer group


Rewards

  • Contributor

  • Explorer


 View profileView  Add a friendAdd  Write

@Voprish8747 I understand where you are coming from. We destroy our bodies with the treatments in hope it works... and in the process we kill basically any of the good cells bodies has left and just hope enough out survive the bad.

I wish there was something better too.


Anyone else having a difficult time managing side effects for cancer treatments? https://www.carenity.us/forum/other-discussions/your-opinion-on-cancer-treatments/anyone-else-having-a-difficult-time-managing-side-effects-for-cancer-treatments-aromatase-inhibitors-593 2019-06-19 02:48:00

avatar Lanotrayt35

Lanotrayt35

06/20/2019 at 5:39 PM

avatar Lanotrayt35

Lanotrayt35

Last activity on 07/24/2023 at 6:17 PM

Joined in 2018


8 comments posted | 6 in the Treatments for cancer group


Rewards

  • Contributor

  • Explorer


 View profileView  Add a friendAdd  Write
I also have what I believe are Chemo and Femara side effects. I feel a great deal of anxiety and sadness. This is in addition to loss of taste and some neuropathy. The worst of these is the depression. I am seeing a therapist, hoping that she will be able to help me get through this and a do go to private yoga sessions twice a week. Can anyone help me get through. I am 2 years since diagnosis and 1 year since end of all treatment. Thank you, Susan

Anyone else having a difficult time managing side effects for cancer treatments? https://www.carenity.us/forum/other-discussions/your-opinion-on-cancer-treatments/anyone-else-having-a-difficult-time-managing-side-effects-for-cancer-treatments-aromatase-inhibitors-593 2019-06-20 17:39:10

avatar Voprish8747

Voprish8747

06/21/2019 at 2:35 PM

avatar Voprish8747

Voprish8747

Last activity on 11/20/2025 at 2:22 PM

Joined in 2018


18 comments posted | 17 in the Treatments for cancer group


Rewards

  • Contributor

  • Explorer

  • Friend


 View profileView  Add a friendAdd  Write

@Lanotrayt35 The depression was so bad they made me stop taking femara. I tried to stick with it but I just couldn’t. I’m thinking about going off the tamoxifen because I am getting severe muscle pain and can barely walk. Took a break from it and I’m feeling good again. I’m beside myself just wish there was something better. 


Anyone else having a difficult time managing side effects for cancer treatments? https://www.carenity.us/forum/other-discussions/your-opinion-on-cancer-treatments/anyone-else-having-a-difficult-time-managing-side-effects-for-cancer-treatments-aromatase-inhibitors-593 2019-06-21 14:35:01

avatar Voprish8747

Voprish8747

06/21/2019 at 2:41 PM

avatar Voprish8747

Voprish8747

Last activity on 11/20/2025 at 2:22 PM

Joined in 2018


18 comments posted | 17 in the Treatments for cancer group


Rewards

  • Contributor

  • Explorer

  • Friend


 View profileView  Add a friendAdd  Write

@Voprish8747 I’m reading a book called Estrogen Matters I think anyone going through what we’re dealing with should read this. 


Anyone else having a difficult time managing side effects for cancer treatments? https://www.carenity.us/forum/other-discussions/your-opinion-on-cancer-treatments/anyone-else-having-a-difficult-time-managing-side-effects-for-cancer-treatments-aromatase-inhibitors-593 2019-06-21 14:41:35

avatar Lanotrayt35

Lanotrayt35

06/21/2019 at 3:11 PM

avatar Lanotrayt35

Lanotrayt35

Last activity on 07/24/2023 at 6:17 PM

Joined in 2018


8 comments posted | 6 in the Treatments for cancer group


Rewards

  • Contributor

  • Explorer


 View profileView  Add a friendAdd  Write

@Mimasw.. Dear Mimasw. I know how important it is to take the aromatose inhibitor for long term good results. It's such a quandry. I know that there is a third drug. Did you try that? 


Anyone else having a difficult time managing side effects for cancer treatments? https://www.carenity.us/forum/other-discussions/your-opinion-on-cancer-treatments/anyone-else-having-a-difficult-time-managing-side-effects-for-cancer-treatments-aromatase-inhibitors-593 2019-06-21 15:11:50

avatar Voprish8747

Voprish8747

06/21/2019 at 3:15 PM

avatar Voprish8747

Voprish8747

Last activity on 11/20/2025 at 2:22 PM

Joined in 2018


18 comments posted | 17 in the Treatments for cancer group


Rewards

  • Contributor

  • Explorer

  • Friend


 View profileView  Add a friendAdd  Write

@Lanotrayt35 I tried exemestane and it caused even more problems. Memory loss, nausea, insomnia and depression 


Anyone else having a difficult time managing side effects for cancer treatments? https://www.carenity.us/forum/other-discussions/your-opinion-on-cancer-treatments/anyone-else-having-a-difficult-time-managing-side-effects-for-cancer-treatments-aromatase-inhibitors-593 2019-06-21 15:15:13

Close all 

See the responses 

avatar Leableeceesh7054

Leableeceesh7054

06/09/2025 at 1:37 AM

avatar Leableeceesh7054

Leableeceesh7054

Last activity on 05/29/2026 at 6:38 AM

Joined in 2021


3 comments posted | 1 in the Treatments for cancer group

1 of their responses was helpful to members


Rewards

  • Explorer


 View profileView  Add a friendAdd  Write

@Voprish8747 I just started taking the exemestane and I have problems with my legs. When I try to go to sleep at night my legs start with pain and then I get very fatigued. So half of the nights I don't sleep.


Anyone else having a difficult time managing side effects for cancer treatments? https://www.carenity.us/forum/other-discussions/your-opinion-on-cancer-treatments/anyone-else-having-a-difficult-time-managing-side-effects-for-cancer-treatments-aromatase-inhibitors-593 2025-06-09 01:37:21

Hide the responses 

avatar Lanotrayt35

Lanotrayt35

06/21/2019 at 3:30 PM

avatar Lanotrayt35

Lanotrayt35

Last activity on 07/24/2023 at 6:17 PM

Joined in 2018


8 comments posted | 6 in the Treatments for cancer group


Rewards

  • Contributor

  • Explorer


 View profileView  Add a friendAdd  Write

@Voprish8747 what about Arimedex (so). Have you tried it. Also, what about a mood elevator like Wellbutrin or an anti depressant or a mild tranquilizer. I have been told that the hormone inhibitor may be key to longer term survival. Believe me, I have and continue to ask


Anyone else having a difficult time managing side effects for cancer treatments? https://www.carenity.us/forum/other-discussions/your-opinion-on-cancer-treatments/anyone-else-having-a-difficult-time-managing-side-effects-for-cancer-treatments-aromatase-inhibitors-593 2019-06-21 15:30:08

avatar Voprish8747

Voprish8747

06/23/2019 at 1:41 AM

avatar Voprish8747

Voprish8747

Last activity on 11/20/2025 at 2:22 PM

Joined in 2018


18 comments posted | 17 in the Treatments for cancer group


Rewards

  • Contributor

  • Explorer

  • Friend


 View profileView  Add a friendAdd  Write

@Lanotrayt35 Tried Arimedex same problems. I’m taking flax seed now hoping it will do the job. I don’t trust the doctors anymore. 


Anyone else having a difficult time managing side effects for cancer treatments? https://www.carenity.us/forum/other-discussions/your-opinion-on-cancer-treatments/anyone-else-having-a-difficult-time-managing-side-effects-for-cancer-treatments-aromatase-inhibitors-593 2019-06-23 01:41:41
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4

Give your opinion

Survey

What do you think about the Carenity Forum and community?

Survey

Help shape the future of Carenity!

Survey

Become a Carenity Ambassador – Help our community thrive!

Articles to discover...

Medications That Cause Low Libido: A Guide by Drug Category

09/28/2026 | News

Medications That Cause Low Libido: A Guide by Drug Category

The challenges of living with an illness as a family: impact, communication, and solutions

09/24/2026 | News

The challenges of living with an illness as a family: impact, communication, and solutions

Caregiver burnout: When caring for someone else leaves no room for yourself

09/07/2026 | Advice

Caregiver burnout: When caring for someone else leaves no room for yourself

Why does physical activity have a positive effect on mental health?

08/29/2026 | News

Why does physical activity have a positive effect on mental health?

Cigarettes VS e-cigarettes: an update on the consumption and pitfalls to avoid

02/20/2019 | Advice

Cigarettes VS e-cigarettes: an update on the consumption and pitfalls to avoid

Telemedicine: Remote examinations and operations are here!

03/11/2019 | News

Telemedicine: Remote examinations and operations are here!

Chronic fatigue: patients' experiences and solutions

04/15/2019 | Advice

Chronic fatigue: patients' experiences and solutions

Love life in the face of illness: how to cope?

02/14/2019 | Advice

Love life in the face of illness: how to cope?

icon cross

Does this topic interest you?

Join the 500 000 patients registered on our platform, get information on your condition or on that of your family member, and discuss it with the community

Join now! Join now! Join now! Join now! Join now!

It’s free and confidential

Subscribe

You wish to be notified of new comments

 

You have been subscribed

Join now! Log in

About

  • About us
  • Why share your data?
  • The Carenity team
  • The ambassadors
  • Partner associations
  • Contributors
  • The Science and Ethics Committee
  • Our scientific publications
  • Our commitments
  • Certifications and awards
  • Carenity in the news
  • Editorial policy
  • Code of conduct
  • Legal notice
  • Terms of use
  • Cookie management
  • Contact
  • Carenity for professionals

Quick access

  • Health magazine
  • Search a forum
  • Learn about a condition
  • See medication reviews
  • List of forums (A-Z)
  • List of condition info sheets (A-Z)
  • List of medication fact sheets (A-Z)
  • Language flag fr flag en flag de flag es flag it

The www.carenity.us website does not constitute or replace professional medical advice.