Have you tried the Specific Carbohydrate Diet (SCD Diet) for your UC?

/static/themes-v3/default/images/default/home/bg-generic.jpg?1516194360

Patients Ulcerative colitis

3 replies

Topic of the discussion

Posted on

Just wondering if anyone has tried the Specific Carbohydrate Diet and, if so, did you find any success, how carefully did you follow it and for how long?

Beginning of the discussion - 3/29/21

• Community manager
Posted on

Hi @sconnelly506‍, thank you for opening this discussion. Let me tag some other members who can possibly share with you.

Hi everyone, how are you doing? Have any of you tried the Specific Carbohydrate Diet? If so, did you find it helped your UC? What does it involve? 
@bloom410@Shaikira21@RDANNER@tdgonzalez@Janieg@Lorifras@MsMarcia@GabrielleRiese@Elaine.G@missbutterfly@CMA2021@Justdivine@Info101@goldiegirl@NanNaChelle@cmbcmb@kpandora1984@Marynugent‍ 

Feel free to share here!

Take care,
Courtney

Posted on

I looked up the carbohydrate diet and my doctor never mentioned it but I think I will try it once I start my infusions. 

Posted on

It's so hard to know which diet is best to follow for IBD - Lowfodmap, IBD-AID, specific-carbohydrate diet? They directly contradict in so many ways. I've been following the SCD for 1 week - too soon to tell if there is improvement but I'm going to follow it rigidly for one month and then decide if I think it helps. Fingers crossed! Trying to avoid another round of prednisone!

Most commented discussions