Weight gain and biologics for ulcerative colitis: Have you experienced this?

/static/themes-v3/default/images/default/home/bg-generic.jpg?1516194360

Patients Ulcerative colitis

1 reply

Topic of the discussion

Posted on

Hey everyone,

I am a 19 year old girl who was recently diagnosed with severe Ulcerative Colitis. Unfortunately, my body hasn’t been responding to Mesalamine so my doctor is thinking of putting me on biologics. I was doing some research on biologics though, and it seems like they make everyone gain weight regardless of how healthy their diet and exercise regiments are. I really don’t want to gain weight so I was wondering if these claims about weight gain and biologics are true and also if there are any alternative medications with out weight gain as one of the side effects. Thank you!

Beginning of the discussion - 12/11/20

Weight gain and biologics for ulcerative colitis: Have you experienced this?

• Community manager
Posted on

@Lb2001 Hi Lb2001, thank you for opening this discussion. Let me tag some other members who can possible share their experience with biologics with you!

Hi everyone, how are you doing? For those of you on biologics, have you noticed any changes in your weight since you started them? Are there any alternative medication that don't have weight gain as a possible side effect?
@RosieJoy@kimvandegrift@jamimb@Hopecbanda@Beloc11@Drunkensailor@kXd3812@Stephanie03@tcorbiere@Truelove1969@Sandra63@Loveisus@StephanieD@PatriciaWood@cmccoca5@nanner@SheilaC‍ 

Feel free to share any of your experiences or advice here! emoticon cute

Take care,
Courtney

Most commented discussions