/static/themes-v3/default/images/default/home/bg-generic.jpg?1516194360

Patients Skin cancer

11 replies

Topic of the discussion

Posted on

I finished chemo for primary peritoneal carcinoma on Monday. I'm wondering what's next. How often are follow ups?

Beginning of the discussion - 8/22/18

Finished Chemo

Posted on

@purfekt10‍,

I did not have the same type of cancer as you, so my follow-up may be different. Not sure. It may vary on type of cancer, but for breast, follow-up was roughly about every 3 months for the first two years. After that it spaced out to maybe 3 times a year. Hope this helps.

When is your next appointment? You should discuss this with the doctor and the team. Also, I would ask which doctor you will be seeing for follow-up care. I know in my scenario, that changed for me. I did not see the doctor I expected to see.

I would also ask about what, if any, tests will you be asked to undergo and any other questions that are on your mind. Make sure you ask away.

Finished Chemo

Posted on

Thank you for your reply. I see my gynecological oncologist in two weeks and he will see me for the follow up appointments. 

Finished Chemo

Posted on

That is good that you are already aware of that. I felt like I was blind going into that part.

I would write out all the questions you have and ask the doctor. 

Hope you are feeling well after chemo treatments.

Finished Chemo

Posted on

Every time I see my oncologist I always have a list of questions for him.  I am looking forward to my body getting back to normal after 8 months of chemo. I'm especially looking forward to getting back my hair, eye brows and eye lashes!

Finished Chemo

Posted on

List of “20 questions to ask your oncologist” good set of questions they should (but may not want to) answer found on chreisbeatcancer.com

Finished Chemo

Posted on

Correction: chrisbeatcancer.com

Finished Chemo

Posted on

I was told by my doctor that it looked like I had pancreatic cancer this was two weeks ago but since then I have not been able to get him to return my calls, what do I do? 

Benjamin Munoz

Finished Chemo

Posted on

@benjan13‍  have you spoken to the office? Left messages? How long has it been?

Do you have an email?

Finished Chemo

Posted on

Yes I have done all that and until yesterday I finally got an appointment for this morning, I will let you know what they say, thank you for caring.

Most commented discussions