Meditation? Yoga? Anyone try it to success?

/static/themes-v3/default/images/default/home/bg-generic.jpg?1516194360

Patients Schizophrenia

2 replies

Topic of the discussion

Posted on

Has anyone had any success and benefits with meditation or yoga, or something along those lines?

Beginning of the discussion - 7/11/19

Posted on

I have tried yoga and meditation since posting this. I have used Insight Timer for meditation and Pocket Yoga for yoga. It has helped me with relief of stress and anxiety. I would highly recommend these to anyone dealing with anxiety and stress, which ultimatly can and is impacted from schizophrenia.

Posted on

I think that it can be a good idea. I feel like it might be useful to learn certain yoga practices so that in situations of crisis you can try to calm yourself a little bit better. I personally discovered yoga not that long ago and the reason behind it was the fact that I developed a really nasty condition called plantar fasciitis. I was really depressed and I didn't want to even talk to anyone because of the pain a simple walk caused. I was extremely sad and that was when a friend of mine told me about yoga. He said that it helped him not only mentally but also physically and suggested  look into it. I agreed and I was actually surprised to find that there was actually such a thing called yoga for plantar fasciitis. I tried it out and at first it was just unbearable but after a few weeks of struggle I managed to walk on my own. I was ecstatic, I think that it made me understand that there is nothing we cannot do if we put our minds to it. So just keep on believing in yourself