- Home
- Forums
- Cancer Forum
- Living with cancer
- Post Chemo effects on everyday life
Patients Cancer
Post Chemo effects on everyday life
- 45 views
- 0 support
- 3 comments
All comments
Woplee284
Good advisor
Woplee284
Last activity on 04/21/2024 at 8:17 PM
Joined in 2022
603 comments posted | 30 in the Cancer Forum
24 of their responses were helpful to members
Rewards
-
Good Advisor
-
Contributor
-
Messenger
-
Explorer
-
Friend
Hi @Pragoanoos2738
How are you doing today?
I'm sorry to hear that you are stuck in a post-chemo fog. I will tag a few other members who may be able to share their experiences with you.
@Droosheawung09 @Kemail0415 @6Tedosul @Bretowing7519 @Ceadraitoos1681 @Blodogan4858 @Deeglomun8810 @Pleploogean8 @Hidden username @Hidden username @Hidden username @Hidden username @Hidden username @Hidden username @7Geeshatoong @Hidden username @Glineecleeng40 @Cheavoavaygur6 @Hidden username @Hidden username @Hidden username @Hidden username @Hidden username @Hidden username @Hidden username @Hidden username @Shifroaflishaick800 @Hidden username @8994Shavoupat @Hidden username @20Treecreavait @Hidden username @Hidden username @Hidden username @Freeprechush774 @Hidden username @5627Roumechait @Hidden username @Lealimer9241
What did you experience post-chemo? Did you regain your strength? How long did it take? What advice can you offer @Pragoanoos2738 ?
Please share!
Lizzi
See the signature
LizziB
Close all
See the responses
796Plataishoas
Good advisor
796Plataishoas
Last activity on 07/19/2026 at 6:22 PM
Joined in 2021
13 comments posted | 7 in the Cancer Forum
Rewards
-
Good Advisor
-
Contributor
-
Explorer
@Woplee284 For me it was neuropathy and balance issues. Taking gabapentin for neuropathy , but nothing much helps balance, even physical therapy, which I do advise after chemo. I think the brain fog,etc. Goes away eventually, Your age might make a difference also. My first chemo at age of 40 was not as bad as 70.
Hide the responses
216Pethufril
216Pethufril
Last activity on 01/21/2023 at 3:00 PM
Joined in 2023
it has also happened to my cousins, she used to describe the feelings like that also
Give your opinion
Members are also commenting on...
Geshayvavong087
I completely understand as I don’t have anyone to talk to also. I’m a widow & I live alone. My oldest son died in 2021 & my youngest son & his family live 3 hours. My father is dead & my mother has chronic back pain & is immobile. My younger sister lives with our mother & she is going through a divorce from her husband who abandoned her. My sister doesn’t visit me, help me, call me & rarely texts me. I have various cousins, a niece & nephew that are spread out in nearby states but are hours away from me. After I told my friends I had cancer, they quit contacting me. I have learned how to be my own care giver. It has been very difficult. I’ll admit I’ve been depressed, cried a lot, felt sorry for myself but I never gave up. I prayed & read my Bible everyday. Then I found cancer groups online like this one where I could share what I was going through & got empathetic responses. That really kept me going. I hope you find someone to talk to but I highly recommend the online cancer chat groups.
See the best comment
Geshayvavong087
I completely understand as I don’t have anyone to talk to also. I’m a widow & I live alone. My oldest son died in 2021 & my youngest son & his family live 3 hours. My father is dead & my mother has chronic back pain & is immobile. My younger sister lives with our mother & she is going through a divorce from her husband who abandoned her. My sister doesn’t visit me, help me, call me & rarely texts me. I have various cousins, a niece & nephew that are spread out in nearby states but are hours away from me. After I told my friends I had cancer, they quit contacting me. I have learned how to be my own care giver. It has been very difficult. I’ll admit I’ve been depressed, cried a lot, felt sorry for myself but I never gave up. I prayed & read my Bible everyday. Then I found cancer groups online like this one where I could share what I was going through & got empathetic responses. That really kept me going. I hope you find someone to talk to but I highly recommend the online cancer chat groups.
See the best comment
Articles to discover...
Medication fact sheets - patient opinions...
Subscribe
You wish to be notified of new comments
You have been subscribed
Pragoanoos2738
Good advisor
Pragoanoos2738
Last activity on 01/10/2023 at 2:13 PM
Joined in 2019
24 comments posted | 7 in the Cancer Forum
1 of their responses was helpful to members
Rewards
Good Advisor
Contributor
Messenger
Explorer
Although I finished all my rounds of chemo last year, I still feel like I am reeling from some of its side effects. My brain still feels foggy and my hands sometimes shake nervously. It has also affected my phjysical relationship with my husband as I don't feel the same energy or vigor. A constant cloud of tiredness always remains and makes me wonder if it was all worth it. How have your experiences been post-chemo?