How to balance chronic illness and work?

/static/themes-v3/default/images/default/home/bg-generic.jpg?1516194360

Posted on

Hi.  I suffer from clinical depression and it hurts to not be able to live the life I was ment to live. I have bouts of this and it seems to take forever to control.  I want to smile, work, engage, wake up and have a cup of coffee and feel relaxed, vaca, go to church, be with grandchildren and fulfill my dreams. Will this return to me??  

Posted on

Most days I just lay in my bed in pain, which sucks because i'm only 22 years old. All my life i've delt with, but these past 3 years have been a rollercoaster for my body and mind. Last year year I took a year off to give my body a break from working crazy non stop. Also before I graduated I was working full time and switched from going to school everyday from K-10, to my highschool online school. My depression was bad I didn't want to be around anyone. After technical college around 10 I had the options of going home, or going to the old school board building till 3. I could leave n walk home 3 blocks away and finish on my laptop, but i always just wanted to work to not deal with things. Eventually now its caught up to me in a way I could never imagine, the muscle spasms, body aches, migraines. Hell ny muscles hurt so bad sometimes I constantly throw up as a reaction my dr told me because my lymph knodes are constantly working extra hard. Which obviously means means more inflammation on my spin and pain all around.

Posted on

@Cathys Hello, are you seeing a doctor for your depression and taking meds regularly?  They will truly help but it takes time. Praying for you. 

Posted on

@KeyaraE i am so sorry. Hope your doctor will be able to help you. Take care and i will pray for your recovery. 

Posted on

After my retirement, I went into real estate figuring I could work when I wanted to and if under the weather just not do anything. It worked well until the lock down. After there was constant fear (by my children) that I would get Covid. Finally, I put my license in escrow and waited to get the shot. Trying to decide if I want to get active in real estate. 

Posted on

I'm glad I came across this thread, I've been trying to balance out my illness with work and people.. some day's it is hard because I'm just in my feelings and every little thing triggers me it seems like, I got put on Lexapro 10mg and it was working real good in the beginning but then it seemed like my depression and anger was getting deeper so I went up to the next highest mg in Lexapro and now I kinda fell off from taking it because I just want to feel normal again, but it has really messed with me here lately and my feelings are all over the place, I have the feeling I need to go back on it but then again the urge to feel normal comes in waves. 

Posted on

Hello I am suffering with depression me and my husband have been separated for a year. I was in medication when I got out of the hospital. But because of work I refrained from taking them any longer. I have tried counseling and they seems only to want the money. So I thought I would try this site for encouragement.

Posted on

@Tanric43 Medication is the most important thing when you are working as it will balance your mind so you CAN work.

Posted on

thank you I’m going to today to see my dr.