Patients Long COVID
What to do in case of COVID-19 symptoms?
- 4 views
- 1 support
- 1 comment
How are you today?
COVID-19 has many symptoms: fever, dry cough, fatigue, aches and pains, sore throat, diarrhoea, conjunctivitis, headaches, loss of smell or taste, rash or discolouration of fingers or toes...
But what should you do if you experience one or more of these symptoms?
If you have any of the main symptoms of coronavirus (high fever, a new continuous cough, a loss or change to your sense of smell or taste) you should:
- Stay home except to get medical care. Most people with COVID-19 have mild illness and recover at home without medical care.
- Isolate yourself from other members of your family to prevent spread to them and the people that they may have contact with. If you have to leave isolation, wear a mask, stay 6 feert apart from others, wash your hands frequently, and clean all touched surfaces.
- If you have symptoms of COVID-19 and want to get tested, call your health provider first. You can visit your state or local health department's website to look for the latest local information on testing. If you choose not to get tested, it is important to stay home.
If you're worried about your symptoms or you're not sure what to do, use the CDC's Coronavirus Self-Checker. If you or someone else is showing any of the following emergency warning signs, seek emergency medical care immediately:
- Trouble breathing
- Persistant pain or pressure in the chest
- New confusion
- Inability to wake or stay awake
- Bluish lips or face
Call 911 or call ahead to your local emergency facility: Notify the operator that you are seeking care for someone who has or may have COVID-19.
And what about you? How did you react to your first COVID symptoms? Did you realise what it was straight away?
Feel free to share your stories here!
@Courtney_J Thanks for sharing this
Give your opinion
Members are also commenting on...
Articles to discover...
01/25/2023 | Testimonial
04/30/2021 | News
04/23/2021 | Testimonial
04/15/2021 | Testimonial
02/23/2021 | News
11/30/2023 | Advice
11/25/2023 | Advice
11/12/2023 | News
You wish to be notified of new comments
You have been subscribed