Recovering from COVID at an older age

/static/themes-v3/default/images/default/home/bg-generic.jpg?1516194360

Patients Long COVID

7 replies

Topic of the discussion

Posted on

What do other's who have had covid have to say if they've recovered at home? How are you feeling? I was tested January 22nd. I had a BAM infusion which should've helped us in recuperating.  I had a sinus infection or congestion afterwards.  I was not able to taste or smell, but has recently come back. Today I remain very fatigued and my sinuses continue to drip... Hiw are you all doing if you've had covid-19?

Beginning of the discussion - 2/17/21

• Community manager
Posted on

Hello @JosieT‍, thank you for opening this discussion. I'm glad to hear you've recovered your taste and smell and that you're doing well overall! That must have been stressful going through the whole experience! 

For those of you who also had COVID, how was your recovery? How are you doing now? Do you have any long-lasting side effects like JosieT describes?
@kevvv124@Lizzyliz@kowmidnite123@captainreddog@cowhelp@Alberto@tnewman01@Tennesseeboy@Eddalein@kennynvegas@Attwoman@Lewisdawn10@mrjrbtlr72@Mlpiacesi@zakiyyahdaniels@Angemilk‍ 

Feel free to share here!

Take care,
Courtney

Posted on

@JosieT I haven't had COVID but I just wanted to thank you for sharing you experience on here. I think it's important to hear from real people who've had it because we hear and see so many things on the news and social media. So thanks again for sharing and I hope you feel better soon!

Posted on

Any questions,  please feel free to address them to me. I'd be glad to talk to you. My strength levels are all over the place. Tired, a little but of energy to nothing. Glad my taste has returned. Thankfully we didn't have to be hospitalized.  God bless 🙌

Posted on

I have not been tested positive but I had no taste for weeks and other symptoms have subsided

Posted on

@JosieT How are you doing? I tried to take care of myself at home until it got too much and I had to go to the hospital. Still dealing with the aftermath months later...

Posted on

Feeling fine thank you.  Had covid in Jan and had low grade temp, fatigue,  sinus infection, lost taste and smell. Got over it mostly but the taste and smell isn't entirely gone. Had my first  vaccine a week ago and had a sore arm and fatigue a day. Feel great today.  Hope you're feeling better. Take care 🙂

Posted on

I got Covid 19.  Started as a sinus infection. Then extreme fatigue, a throat that felt like it was closing. Bronchitis, fever of 100 for two days.  Lost taste and smell for 3 days. My MS symptoms flare up.  Thought I was recovering but it came back 3 times each time milder.  Took about 3 weeks to feel somewhat normal.  Just recieved first Covid 19 vaccine.  Moderna.  I felt absolutely terrible the night after the vaccine. Chills  achy. Hurt so bad I couldn't sleep.  Hive at sight of shot and itching.  Not looking forward to #2 vaccine