Surgery for colorectal cancer: Side effects, recovery

/static/themes-v3/default/images/default/home/bg-generic.jpg?1516194360

Patients Colorectal cancer

4 replies

Topic of the discussion

Posted on

Are there any side effects after colorectal cancer surgery?

What's the recovery like?

Beginning of the discussion - 2/23/22

• Community manager
Posted on

Hi @Egoloco, thank you for opening this discussion. Let me tag some other members who can possibly share with you!

Hello everyone, how are you doing? 😊

Have any of you undergone surgery (colectomy, polypectomy, local excision, etc.) for your colon cancer? What was your experience like? Did you have any side effects or symptoms after the procedure? What was the recovery like? Did you have an ileostomy or colostomy afterwards?

@patsymom48 @Majjie12 @chrissy62 @kdb397 @SullyMVP25 @Gordana @angie27 @Hope13 @Jmcclintock917 @sribina1 @Jcoop1001 @Messenger77 @Jbriede @FightingInDentonTX. @Mnorman @MrsMDuke @Omards @ALONDRA&06

Take care,

Courtney

Posted on

I had a rectal resection and an ileostomy. I was of course sore for awhile afterwards and it took a few months to really feel better. The ileostomy took some time to get used to and heal but now 3 years later i feel nothing from the surgery and still have the ileostomy. Used to it now. Overall it was tough but once your on the other side of it you will be fine. It takes some time for the ostomy to adjust but other than that not really any sides effects. Actually I had chemo about 6 weeks after surgery.

Posted on

Surgery will be upcoming so I can’t chime in but would love to see responses.

Posted on

Colorectal cancer surgery can cause constipation or diarrhea, which usually disappears after a while. People with colostomy may experience irritation around the stoma. If you need a colostomy, a doctor, nurse, or enterostomal therapist can teach you how to clean this area and prevent infection. CT26 https://models.crownbio.com/models/ct26-wt/ models are currently being investigated so that there is no need for surgical intervention to treat this type of cancer. We hope another treatment method will be developed soon.

Most commented discussions