https://www.carenity.us/static/themes-v3/default/images/us/header/cerebrovascular-accident.jpg

Patients Cerebrovascular accident

Natural treatments for spasticity
Member Carenity
Posted on

What

Member Carenity
Posted on

hi everybody, sporry to start with a negative comment

dont bother spending your monry on thecbd oil it doesnt do anything-atleast it didnt for me

Member Carenity
Posted on

@Hidden username Is your comment about don’t waste your money referring to CBD oil? It has been like a miracle for me, but I caution folks that there is a flood of products on the market that don’t have the purity claimed. Look for a product that is labeled pure hemp oil, and has third party purity testing regularly. The product I use can be bought online . Hempworks 500, peppermint. I receive nothing for promoting this product, FYI.

Member Carenity
Posted on

Without a doubt Botox is the most beneficial for my spasticity. You have to find the right dose and put in the work with rehab to get benefits though.

im also trialling a medication off label with my neurologist called lamactal. Apparently It is thought to suppress the activity of certain parts of the brain and the abnormal firing of nerve cells.Also inhibiting release of certain neurotransmitters in the nervous system. This includes both the central nervous system and peripheral nervous system (including the involuntary autonomic nervous system.)  It’s worked well for me so far as I’ve been able to “talk” to my muscles easier and lessen the rigidity of my spasticity.

apart from these I found strength training with mirroring actions (like the pin loaded machines at the gym) gave me more control helping to extend out of the continually flexed position.

Also dry needling has helped me. Plus stretching of course. 

Member Carenity
Posted on

Try stretching and exercise?

Member Carenity
Posted on

@Hidden username Hi Brian,

Can you tell me more about your botox treatments, please? How did you find the right dose? Is it coverage by your insurance? Thanks!