Applying for Supplemental Security Income (SSI)

/static/themes-v3/default/images/default/home/bg-generic.jpg?1516194360

Patients Autism Spectrum Disorder

2 replies

Topic of the discussion

Posted on

Hello I have Spina Bifida and Hydrocephalus.I have tried applying for SSI disability but have been denied because I have to work to support myself in the meantime.Has anyone experienced this and we're you able to get approved? Thank you

Beginning of the discussion - 3/25/21

• Community manager
Posted on

Hello @Hydrocephalus thank you for opening this discussion. I'm sorry you're having trouble getting SSI, unfortunately they don't make access to a lot of government programs easy. Let me tag some other members who can potentially share some advice with you.

Hi everyone, how are you doing? Do any of you have any experience applying for and/or being denied SSI? Were you able to appeal the decision? Can you share any advice on navigating the application process?
@Andonigolfer@KatiGL@Nala5065‍‍ @Dtobryant64@Emster477@arlicohe@deniseb2487@JohnJct34@adriana_rae@zimfour@Rfrey52@Rmcdowra56@fleagle5@MaichB@Charlie.Soup@Sam2001@Labadie‍ 

F‍eel free to share any experiences or advice with us here!

Take care,
Courtney

Posted on

I have had it since I was 18, and I'm 42 now. My disability is Spina Bifida and I don't even remember applying for it, unless my mom applied for it for me, I know nothing about the process.

Most commented discussions