3-Ingredient Cream Cheese & Cherry Pepper Bites
Published Dec 17, 2020 • By Michael Chekroun
Category : Vegetarian
Type : Appetizer
Difficulty : Beginner
Directions : 20 minutes
Cooking time : 15 minutes
Price range : Cheap
Ingredients 24 Number of people
1 refrigerated pie crust (1/2 of a 14-ounce package; see Tips)
¼ cup cream cheese, softened
¼ cup chopped sweet cherry peppers (see Tips)
1 TB chopped fresh chives, parsley or cilantro
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Lightly coat a mini muffin tin with cooking spray.
2. Unroll pie crust onto a clean surface. Roll the dough into a circle about 12 inches in diameter. Cut 24 2-inch circles out of the dough with a biscuit cutter, rerolling the scraps if needed. Place the dough circles in the prepared muffin cups, gently pressing the dough into the bottom and sides. Prick the dough with a fork. Bake until lightly browned, 5 to 6 minutes.
3. Add 1/2 teaspoon cream cheese to each cup, then top each with a scant 1/2 teaspoon chopped cherry peppers. Bake until hot, 3 to 5 minutes more. Let cool for 10 minutes. Sprinkle with herbs, if desired, and serve warm.
- Look for prerolled pie dough (usually a package of 2 crusts) in the refrigerated case at the grocery store. If you have time and enjoy making pastry, you can make your own crust.
- Look for red and/or green mild (or sweet) cherry peppers in jars near the pickles and olives or at the "olive bar" in well-stocked supermarkets and specialty-food stores.
Source: EatingWell.com, November 2019