3-Ingredient Cream Cheese & Cherry Pepper Bites
Published Dec 17, 2020
Category : Vegetarian
Type : Appetizer
Difficulty : Beginner
Directions : 20 minutes
Cooking time : 15 minutes
Price range : Cheap
Ingredients 24 Number of people
1 refrigerated pie crust (1/2 of a 14-ounce package; see Tips)
¼ cup cream cheese, softened
¼ cup chopped sweet cherry peppers (see Tips)
1 TB chopped fresh chives, parsley or cilantro
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Lightly coat a mini muffin tin with cooking spray.
2. Unroll pie crust onto a clean surface. Roll the dough into a circle about 12 inches in diameter. Cut 24 2-inch circles out of the dough with a biscuit cutter, rerolling the scraps if needed. Place the dough circles in the prepared muffin cups, gently pressing the dough into the bottom and sides. Prick the dough with a fork. Bake until lightly browned, 5 to 6 minutes.
3. Add 1/2 teaspoon cream cheese to each cup, then top each with a scant 1/2 teaspoon chopped cherry peppers. Bake until hot, 3 to 5 minutes more. Let cool for 10 minutes. Sprinkle with herbs, if desired, and serve warm.
- Look for prerolled pie dough (usually a package of 2 crusts) in the refrigerated case at the grocery store. If you have time and enjoy making pastry, you can make your own crust.
- Look for red and/or green mild (or sweet) cherry peppers in jars near the pickles and olives or at the "olive bar" in well-stocked supermarkets and specialty-food stores.
Source: EatingWell.com, November 2019
You will also like
Spicy Baby Bok Choy with Warm Ginger Dressing
Jan 19, 2018
Quinoa Black Bean Salad
Jan 18, 2018
Spiced carrot cake with ricotta icing
Dec 14, 2021
Diabetes-friendly low-carb cheesecake
Sep 30, 2021