What alternatives to CPAP have you tried?

https://www.carenity.us/static/themes-v3/default/images/us/header/sleep-apnea.jpg

Patients Sleep apnea

5 replies

Topic of the discussion

Posted on

I’m trying wedge pillow.  Been on Cpap 9 years.  Now have insomnia and taking medication.

Beginning of the discussion - 12/8/20

Posted on

@diaflag Hello diaflag, thank you for opening this discussion. How is the pillow working for you? Let me tag some other members who may be able to share their experiences with you.

Hi everyone, how are you doing? Have you ever tried any alternative or complementary aids for your sleep apnea? What has worked for you?
@JohnJct34@Mona52@nighthawkw41@Nguesman@kennyhawthorne@Rgjsa123@Kjettmom@Kmpendleton@cowhelp@Morales7@Juliek@gherman222@rhowell@Mskreuter@Lisalou@Barb520@Ittybitty@DonaRapp‍ 

Feel free to share any recommendations here!

Take care,
Courtney

Posted on

None. CPAP worked amazingly the first time. Since then, they have just had to adjust the pressure settings. And, my doctor eventually wanted to update my machine. But, I haven't tried other therapies.

Posted on

I was having heart arrhythmia and the CPAP helped diminish the problem, but it slowly returned. I have improved quality of sleep, and really can't even sleep without it since I'm so used to it. I had to have my pressure adjusted 2 times and I'm now at 10. I have a Philips Dreamstation, which is a great machine. I haven't tried any alternatives since I was prescribed the machine, but I did see a mask/harness device that's supposed to keep your airway open without a machine.

Posted on

I haven't tried any alternative CPAPs but we did get a new bed with the wave action. To me it has made a huge difference in my sleep quality. I have had to adjust the pressure also.

Posted on

I was on oxygen before I went on CPAP for two years 

Most commented discussions