Logo Carenity
Logo Carenity
Join now! Log in
flag us
flag fr flag en flag es flag de flag it
Home

Forums

Latest discussions
General discussions
See all - Forum index from A to Z

Medications

Medications fact sheet
See all - Medication index from A to Z

Surveys

Ongoing surveys
The results of the surveys

Magazine

Our featured pieces
News
Testimonials
Nutrition
Advice
Procedures & paperwork

Conditions

Fact sheets
See all - Disease index from A to Z

About

About us
Why share your data?
The Carenity team
The ambassadors
Partner associations
Contributors
The Science and Ethics Committee
Our scientific publications
Our commitments
Certifications and awards
Carenity in the news
Editorial policy
Code of conduct and privacy policy
Legal notice
Terms of use
Cookie management
Contact
Carenity for professionals

Join now! Log in
  • Forums

    • Latest discussions
    • General discussions
    • See all - Forum index from A to Z
  • Medications

    • Medications fact sheet
    • See all - Medication index from A to Z
  • Surveys

    • Ongoing surveys
    • The results of the surveys
  • Magazine

    • Our featured pieces
    • News
    • Testimonials
    • Nutrition
    • Advice
    • Procedures & paperwork
  • Conditions

    • Fact sheets
    • See all - Disease index from A to Z
  • Home
  • Forums
  • General forums
  • Living with colorectal cancer
  • What is your colorectal cancer diagnosis story? Let's share!
 Back
Living with colorectal cancer

What is your colorectal cancer diagnosis story? Let's share!

  •  228 views
  •  3 times supported
  •  21 comments

avatar Lee__R

Lee__R

Community manager
11/21/2018 at 1:32 AM

Good advisor

avatar Lee__R

Lee__R

Community manager

Last activity on 04/03/2020 at 5:04 PM

Joined in 2018


1,336 comments posted | 1 in the Living with colorectal cancer group

2 of their responses were helpful to members


Rewards

  • Good Advisor

  • Contributor

  • Messenger

  • Explorer

  • Friend

  • Top chef


 View profileView  Add a friendAdd  Write

Colorectal Cancer does not cause symptoms right away, and the symptoms that it initially causes may not alarm individuals to seek further medical advice.

Some of these initial symptoms - that may not cause one immediate alarm - could be a change in bowel habits: diarrhea, consipation, etc; a feeling of needing to have a bowler movement; and cramping or abdominal pain.

However, there can often be other symptoms.

 

What were your initial symptoms that made you question that something may not be right?

After your initial symptoms, how soon did you begin to seek medical advice?

Follow

Other groups...

Carenity News
Feedback for Carenity
Fun and games
General Topics
Good to know
Health and Medical News
How to use Carenity
Let's talk about COVID-19
Life beyond illness
The Holiday Season
Youth patients with chronic conditions

Give your opinion

Survey

What do you think about the Carenity Forum and community?

Survey

Help shape the future of Carenity!

Survey

Become a Carenity Ambassador – Help our community thrive!

Survey

On a scale of 0 to 10, how likely are you to recommend Carenity to a friend or colleague?

All comments

Go to the last comment
avatar exit

Unregistered member

12/01/2018 at 1:44 PM

I had diaredia and losing weight drastically it voes up and down I've been on radiation treatment and are going through second round of so . chemo I've do you three so far put me in the hospital two times for c colostomy I've also had two pet cat scan waiting for Dr to come this morning Angela faubion

 

Thanks


What is your colorectal cancer diagnosis story? Let's share! https://www.carenity.us/forum/other-discussions/living-with-colorectal-cancer/what-were-your-initial-symptoms-how-did-you-know-something-was-wrong-608 2018-12-01 13:44:58

avatar Vetoagayck39

Vetoagayck39

12/27/2018 at 3:57 AM

avatar Vetoagayck39

Vetoagayck39

Last activity on 02/07/2019 at 12:38 AM

Joined in 2018


4 comments posted | 1 in the Living with colorectal cancer group


Rewards

  • Explorer


 View profileView  Add a friendAdd  Write

As @Hidden username‍  said diarreia was a first sign, but the major sign was when it turned into passing blood... the exams were basically confirmation of what the doctors already said was likely.

Surgery led to need for another surgery to fix an issue that arose with my bowel. 

Thank you for sharing Angela.... how did your recent cat scan go?


What is your colorectal cancer diagnosis story? Let's share! https://www.carenity.us/forum/other-discussions/living-with-colorectal-cancer/what-were-your-initial-symptoms-how-did-you-know-something-was-wrong-608 2018-12-27 03:57:46
avatar exit

Unregistered member

12/27/2018 at 4:50 PM
It went well nothing came back just waiting to start on three more chemo treatment hopefully and doing another cat scan next month some time I'll let you know where it stands ok hope all is well with you Angela

What is your colorectal cancer diagnosis story? Let's share! https://www.carenity.us/forum/other-discussions/living-with-colorectal-cancer/what-were-your-initial-symptoms-how-did-you-know-something-was-wrong-608 2018-12-27 16:50:51
avatar exit

Unregistered member

12/31/2018 at 5:44 AM

For me I had no symptoms at all and even had a colonoscopy done eight years before showing nothing.

Then I thought I needed to have a bowel movement but when I sat on the toilet blood poured out. I couldn't stop the bleeding and quickly felt like I was going to pass out. A tumor had grew so large it ruptured my colon causing me to bleed internally.


What is your colorectal cancer diagnosis story? Let's share! https://www.carenity.us/forum/other-discussions/living-with-colorectal-cancer/what-were-your-initial-symptoms-how-did-you-know-something-was-wrong-608 2018-12-31 05:44:41
avatar exit

Unregistered member

01/01/2019 at 5:27 PM

I started losing weight was at 146lbs and had diahreea and saw a doctor was very small in stomach they said I was lucky to have  gotten that far they recommend a colostomy test and the results confirm that I had rectuall cancer stage 4going through next chemo treatment asoc next tuTuesT don't know how many but their going to do another cat scan and find out what is going on with my tumor and tissue inside of tumor Angela


What is your colorectal cancer diagnosis story? Let's share! https://www.carenity.us/forum/other-discussions/living-with-colorectal-cancer/what-were-your-initial-symptoms-how-did-you-know-something-was-wrong-608 2019-01-01 17:27:38
avatar exit

Unregistered member

01/02/2019 at 8:19 PM

@Hidden username I pray it all goes Good for you. Please let me no what your test results show.

Alyce Thorning


What is your colorectal cancer diagnosis story? Let's share! https://www.carenity.us/forum/other-discussions/living-with-colorectal-cancer/what-were-your-initial-symptoms-how-did-you-know-something-was-wrong-608 2019-01-02 20:19:51
avatar exit

Unregistered member

03/28/2019 at 12:51 AM

I'm doing 12 more chemo treatments and in between the treatment I should have another pet scan some where along the line hope it hasn't changed yet thanks angelworm


What is your colorectal cancer diagnosis story? Let's share! https://www.carenity.us/forum/other-discussions/living-with-colorectal-cancer/what-were-your-initial-symptoms-how-did-you-know-something-was-wrong-608 2019-03-28 00:51:54
avatar exit

Unregistered member

07/20/2020 at 8:40 PM

Hi, I was diagnosed with Stage 2 B colon cancer in 2017, had surgery,chemo, did really good until the latter part of 2019, developed 3 incisional hernias,had them taken care of May 2020, it was massive surgery and I have had a tie recovering, I hope it will get better soon, I still don't have an appetite, hardly no energy, probably because I am a little depressed, I don't go anywhere because of the pandemic, I do work from home so that's a help, but I just feel drained and just not sure how to get out of this funk I am in. Anyone got any ideas?


What is your colorectal cancer diagnosis story? Let's share! https://www.carenity.us/forum/other-discussions/living-with-colorectal-cancer/what-were-your-initial-symptoms-how-did-you-know-something-was-wrong-608 2020-07-20 20:40:56
avatar exit

Unregistered member

07/01/2021 at 3:34 AM

Hello...I was diagnosed in October 2020 with colon cancer and I was also dealing with just having surgery to remove some of my bowels and giving me a colostomy bag. I felt like my life was over. I was an abled bodied 52 year old woman who has always been outgoing and full of life to now not wanting to be around people or not feeling comfortable around anyone because of the colostomy bag. I was having weight loss and loss of  appetite, my bowel habits changed  and I was getting sick at least twice a week.  I have been thru 8 treatments of chemo and I'm currently off meds. I have to schedule to get rescanned and I'm nervous for that. I haven't really had anyone to talk to because most of the people I know have either stop talking to me cause they "can't deal" with me having cancer or turned their backs on me cause it's too much for them to handle. It hurts but I've been dealing with it.  Just want someone to talk to who understands what I'm going thru and how I feel , even though half the time I really don't know how I'm feeling. 


What is your colorectal cancer diagnosis story? Let's share! https://www.carenity.us/forum/other-discussions/living-with-colorectal-cancer/what-were-your-initial-symptoms-how-did-you-know-something-was-wrong-608 2021-07-01 03:34:08

avatar Kekeack73

Kekeack73

07/13/2021 at 9:20 AM

avatar Kekeack73

Kekeack73

Last activity on 01/09/2022 at 1:34 PM

Joined in 2021


16 comments posted | 5 in the Living with colorectal cancer group


Rewards

  • Contributor

  • Messenger

  • Explorer

  • Friend

  • Newsfeeder


 View profileView  Add a friendAdd  Write

Iam sorry youre going through this my father had colon rectal cancer years ago after surgery he has been ok we need to be there for people during there worst times


What is your colorectal cancer diagnosis story? Let's share! https://www.carenity.us/forum/other-discussions/living-with-colorectal-cancer/what-were-your-initial-symptoms-how-did-you-know-something-was-wrong-608 2021-07-13 09:20:28
  • 1
  • 2

Give your opinion

Survey

What do you think about the Carenity Forum and community?

Survey

Help shape the future of Carenity!

Survey

Become a Carenity Ambassador – Help our community thrive!

Survey

On a scale of 0 to 10, how likely are you to recommend Carenity to a friend or colleague?

Articles to discover...

Types of lupus explained: systemic, cutaneous, drug-induced and neonatal lupus

10/09/2026 | News

Types of lupus explained: systemic, cutaneous, drug-induced and neonatal lupus

Benefits Of Doing Nothing: Why Rest Matters for Your Mental and Physical Health

10/02/2026 | News

Benefits Of Doing Nothing: Why Rest Matters for Your Mental and Physical Health

Medications That Cause Low Libido: A Guide by Drug Category

09/28/2026 | News

Medications That Cause Low Libido: A Guide by Drug Category

The challenges of living with an illness as a family: impact, communication, and solutions

09/24/2026 | News

The challenges of living with an illness as a family: impact, communication, and solutions

Cigarettes VS e-cigarettes: an update on the consumption and pitfalls to avoid

02/20/2019 | Advice

Cigarettes VS e-cigarettes: an update on the consumption and pitfalls to avoid

Telemedicine: Remote examinations and operations are here!

03/11/2019 | News

Telemedicine: Remote examinations and operations are here!

Chronic fatigue: patients' experiences and solutions

04/15/2019 | Advice

Chronic fatigue: patients' experiences and solutions

Love life in the face of illness: how to cope?

02/14/2019 | Advice

Love life in the face of illness: how to cope?

icon cross

Does this topic interest you?

Join the 500 000 patients registered on our platform, get information on your condition or on that of your family member, and discuss it with the community

Join now! Join now! Join now! Join now! Join now!

It’s free and confidential

Subscribe

You wish to be notified of new comments

 

You have been subscribed

Join now! Log in

About

  • About us
  • Why share your data?
  • The Carenity team
  • The ambassadors
  • Partner associations
  • Contributors
  • The Science and Ethics Committee
  • Our scientific publications
  • Our commitments
  • Certifications and awards
  • Carenity in the news
  • Editorial policy
  • Code of conduct
  • Legal notice
  • Terms of use
  • Cookie management
  • Contact
  • Carenity for professionals

Quick access

  • Health magazine
  • Search a forum
  • Learn about a condition
  • See medication reviews
  • List of forums (A-Z)
  • List of condition info sheets (A-Z)
  • List of medication fact sheets (A-Z)
  • Language flag fr flag en flag de flag es flag it

The www.carenity.us website does not constitute or replace professional medical advice.