Where did/do you find information about your condition?

/static/themes-v3/default/images/default/home/bg-generic.jpg?1516194360

3 replies

Topic of the discussion

• Community manager
Posted on

Hello everyone!

After your diagnosis was made, where did you go to find information about your condition? Was/Is your doctor your only source of information? Do you prefer patient forums? Certain medical / informational sites? Google?

Let's share our advice so that everyone has access to reliable information!

Have a good day,

Lee

Beginning of the discussion - 4/19/19

Posted on

I was initially told that it was all in my head... so I like to say I started my own investigation using Google, Harvard health, and other people's stories of being told they were crazy or faking. My research also helped me find a doctor that really took my concerns as real and eventually diagnosed me with this condition.

Posted on

I have multiple sources of information. I don't trust Drs at all and view them as a necessary evil. I get a lot of info from patient forums and by reading articles. Of course there certainly isn't any financial help available to cancer patients. I lost everything I had fighting this disease. All the foundations spend money on is research, there isn't any money for cancer patients, hell no! I lost everything we had in an apartment fire and my family and I are completely homeless. There are no resources whatsoever for people like me. The disease has even taken our dignity.

Posted on

First, I got literature at my doctor's office and then I searched the internet.