https://www.carenity.us/static/themes-v3/default/images/us/header/multiple-sclerosis.jpg

Patients Multiple sclerosis

3 replies

Topic of the discussion

Member Carenity • Community manager
Posted on

Hi everyone,

Just a general question , do you have a caregiver (family member or paid helper)? If yes, what are some of the ways a caregiver has changed/improved your quality of life?

If your caregiver is a family member, has the family member's taking on of caregiver duties affected your relationship?

Beginning of the discussion - 5/26/19

Do you have a caregiver?
Member Carenity
Posted on

I have a family member that helps out a lot and I am forever thankful and grateful. I do not pay her because I do not have the funds to even do so. But I do not think she would even take it. 

She has greatly helped improve my quality of life and makes things easier for me. She is understandable which helps a lot.

Do you have a caregiver?
Member Carenity
Posted on

@Hidden username i do not have a caregiver but i have family and friends that have been supportive of me during this time which helps a lot but at first was sort of embarrassing for me to have to deal with needing the help. once i was able to fully accept my disease and limitations though, i was able to push those thoughts aside and be more transparent with them and allow them to help me without me feeling like a burden. 

Do you have a caregiver?
Member Carenity • Community manager
Posted on

@Hidden username that is great that you have had family and friends be there for you and give you the support and help you need!

@Hidden username‍ that is great that you have such a friend. What kind of things does your friend help out with?