Dealing with isolation during COVID-19

Posted on

[comment moderated by Community Manager for violation of community standards]

Posted on

The isolation has not bothered me I love being home

Posted on

To stay occupied during the lockdown, I bought several NY Times crossword books.  I have also subscribed to their online Spelling Bee puzzle --- keeps the mind alert.  I do a zoom meeting at 7 AM each day.  

Posted on

I am absolutely a homebody it doesn’t phase me one bit getting out.  I was like this before the pandemic so I am very use to staying in.

Posted on

I have had a terrible time with isolation during Covid. Drives me crazy with loneliness. 

Posted on

I try to keep several activities close to me so I see my choices.  Crosswords, coloring, reading, playing games on my phone,  watching a movie, watching YouTube videos or listening to my favorite podcasts. It works for me. 

Posted on

Also, call a friend. If you're  feeling in dire straits try calling a friendship or cope hotline. 

Posted on

@Openheart Dealing with c-19, I just play with my mental blocks !!!

Posted on

Before the pandemic I thought I was a homebody and that it wouldn't phase me. But after a few weeks it really started to get to me. I went to some pretty dark places. Managed to get through with some video calls to people I had talked to in a while and finding an online therapist. It really puts things into perspective because not everyone has people they can reach out to talk to. It makes you grateful for the people you have.

Most commented discussions