Survey and Discussion: Botulinum toxin injections for cervical dystonia

/static/themes-v3/default/images/default/home/bg-generic.jpg?1516194360

Patients Focal dystonia

20 replies

Topic of the discussion

Member Carenity • Community manager
Posted on

Hello,

We are launching a new survey about patients' experience with Botulinum toxin A injections. Have you used them to treat your cervical dystonia?

What is your experience with this treatment? Don't hesitate to answer the survey and get your voice heard to make medical research advance!

After answering the survey, you can also continue the discussion here!

Beginning of the discussion - 5/28/19

Member Carenity
Posted on

Starting my Botox injection’s this Wednesday, hopefully it will help

Member Carenity
Posted on

I just finished the survey. I’ve been getting injections for a very long time. I’m so pleased this is being discussed and studied. 

Posted on

@Hidden username‍ How have the injections worked since starting them? Any noticeable results?

@Hidden username‍ How have the injections improved the symptoms with your condition?

Posted on

Hello members. Have you had an opportunity to participate in the survey? If not, I encourage you to click here to participate so that you can play an active role in your medical care. 

If you have already participated in the survey, or after you do, you can come back here and continue the conversation with other members!

@Hidden username@Hidden username@Hidden username@Hidden username@Hidden username@Hidden username@Hidden username@Hidden username@Hidden username@Hidden username@Hidden username@Hidden username@Hidden username@Hidden username@Hidden username@Hidden username‍ ‍ @Hidden username@Hidden username@Hidden username@Hidden username@Hidden username@Hidden username@Hidden username@Hidden username@Hidden username@Hidden username@Hidden username@Hidden username@Hidden username@Hidden username@Hidden username@Hidden username@Hidden username@Hidden username@Hidden username‍ 

Member Carenity
Posted on

@Hidden username Amazing results for 3 months then must have injections again so ongoing. It changed my life. Are you considering them? I strongly recommend it. Please be sure to find a specialty doctor who know hoe to work with those with cervical Dystonia. 

Member Carenity
Posted on

Have a appointment with neuro in November. Fingers crossed it works.

Member Carenity
Posted on

Will be doing the EMG guided Botox injections. This is for the focal hand dystonia I am dealing with. Praying!

Member Carenity
Posted on

I saw the neurologist today, she scheduled my first injections for August 28.  I hope it helps.  

Member Carenity
Posted on

Well... I had 13 Botox shots in my right forearm last Monday. It's been 6 days since then and the only thing I have is weakness in my right hand and lower arm. Did not relieve the spasms or  hand clenching yet. Will keep you up-to-date.