/static/themes-v3/default/images/default/home/bg-generic.jpg?1516194360

Patients Focal dystonia

3 replies

Topic of the discussion

Member Carenity
Posted on

I was diagnosed in january with cervical dystonia.  My biggest issue is being able to fall asleep.  Any suggestions????

Beginning of the discussion - 4/29/19

How do you sleep? Any suggestions?
Member Carenity
Posted on

Melatonin - have you tried it? Works wonders for me. I take 10 mg about a 30 min - hour before bedtime.

Member Carenity • Community manager
Posted on

@Hidden username A common supplement used by members across Carenity is melatonin. Many members have seem to have good success with it. I am sure other members will be reaching out to lend some tips, but in the meantime here are some links to sleep tips in the forums and the Health Magazine.

7 Tips for sleeping (this article was posted to give tips for sleeping with Lupus; however, the tips may also be helpful for you also.)

Getting the right sleep tips (this is an older discussion created in the Good To Know group where some members shared their tips on how to get the right sleep)

Member Carenity
Posted on

I've been using melatonin and once I fall asleep I'm ok.  I should have been more clear, my issue is trying to fall asleep.  As soon as I lay down spasms start big time and I just can't relax.