Do you feel like people truly understand endometriosis?

/static/themes-v3/default/images/default/home/bg-generic.jpg?1516194360

Patients Endometriosis

2 replies

Topic of the discussion

Posted on

I have endometriosis and I feel like:

1: No one understands what this involves.

2: If they do know, they think it is just slightly painful periods.

I find it very stressful and upsetting to be so misunderstood. Does anyone else feel like this this? Please help

Beginning of the discussion - 3/10/21

• Community manager
Posted on

Hello @endome‍, thank you for opening this discussion. I'm sorry to hear you're feeling this way, endometriosis, though common, is unfortunately still largely misunderstood.

Can anyone else relate to what @endome‍ has described? Do you feel like people truly understand endometriosis - both doctors and the general public? Have you ever felt misunderstood by your doctors or your family and friends?
@PPatricia@EhulaniLily@LoriLynne@Aprilgronbeck@JitteryOwl@Jujubeans@Babygurl2019@crkjkk@babyhuey121795@JulieGord81@Golden@San0220@MaryPat@Tosia1959@crazie48@Italiadani@Mimilee2020‍ 

Feel free to share your thoughts here!

Take care,
Courtney

Posted on

@endome Yup, there is SO MUCH education that needs do be done. Why don't we learn about this in sex ed in school? There is not enough education, information, or research being done or share into women's health. I could go on a whole rant about this but I won't. But yes, I agree, I don't feel like people get it or the impact it has.

Most commented discussions