/static/themes-v3/default/images/default/home/bg-generic.jpg?1516194360

Patients Diabetes (Type 2)

3 replies

Topic of the discussion

Member Carenity
Posted on

Hello everyone,

I was recently diagnosed with type 2 diabetes, and through careful monitoring I was able to make successful changes to my diet. I am also taking Metformin. Now, with no changes in dosage and no changes in my diet, my blood glucose is spiking in the mornings, and while  it comes down a bit it is staying high throughout the day. I have an appointment with my Dr.  but In cannot get in for a few weeks and am wondering if anyone has had a similar experience or might have some advice for what I can do while waiting to see my physician.

Thanks

~R~

Beginning of the discussion - 8/15/19

Sudden Blood Glucose Spikes
Member Carenity
Posted on

Hi @Hidden username‍ Is the spikes you are experiencing since taking Metforming? Were you getting these spikes before? Were you managing your diabetes previously with just food/diet/and exercise?

Member Carenity
Posted on

Yes, these spikes just started about a week ago and I am currently taking 500 milligrams of metformin 2x a day.

Member Carenity
Posted on

Hi Rickyd, I know what you are going through and can give you a link to have a look at with some vital new information. It worked wonders for a very good friend of mine with very quick results. It's a free video from a company called Halki Diabetes. Good luck. Here is the link http://bit.ly/2KTQN9N