https://www.carenity.us/static/themes-v3/default/images/us/header/depression.jpg

Patients Depression

3 replies

Topic of the discussion

Member Carenity
Posted on

Hi everyone, 

While I have things that I can do or friend(s) that will invite me places, I tend to shelter away and not go to those events... I stay inside and either work, read, study, or do some stuff around the house. But I do not interact with people... Last week I had an overwhelming sense of loneliness.

Does anyone else get an overwhelming sense of loneliness even though you have friends? Or do you choose not to go out with your friends? 

Beginning of the discussion - 9/14/19

The feeling of loneliness

Member Carenity
Posted on

I do. Something I recently learned is that I feel more alone when I’m with those who don’t care and more alone when I’m not with the ones who love me. I’m sorry you feel alone. I send hugs and love. But you are never alone as much as you feel. I care for you and I am always here for you if you ever want or need of a friend. But yes I do. I do all the time feel alone. I can relate and I understand. 

Member Carenity
Posted on

Yes. I feel like that all the time. I wish I can find the motivation to go out and do things but seems  like home is my safe zone. I want to find the desire to do things again. My coworkers just invited me to the movies and the first thing I can think is.....”how do I turn it down now?” Since it hasn’t been the first time they’ve invited me out. Just know I care for you and wish you a long life of happiness. 

Littleles 

Member Carenity
Posted on

@Hidden username‍ I feel like we are similar... When I get invited out places, I too think about how I can turn it down. I will usually accept and then figure out how to turn it down later and then stay inside the day I Turn it down. It is now like I am doing something else. Then knowing that everyone is out and I again am inside, I feel lonely.