An easy way to control your renal diet

/static/themes-v3/default/images/default/home/bg-generic.jpg?1516194360

Patients Chronic kidney disease

1 reply

Topic of the discussion

Posted on
There is a great free program available at dialysismenuplanner.com to help you with your diet. If you have just been diagnosed with kidney disease your doctor has you on a low protein diet. Did you know just two eggs, two ounces of bacon and two slices of buttered toast is about all the protein you should have for the day? If you are on dialysis you are on a high protein diet. Now the question is how much protein do you need and you now have to watch your potassium and phosphorus intake. The program will set your limits and calculate your daily totals. Iys not a diet, you eat what you want, just watch the amount you eat.

Beginning of the discussion - 11/20/20

An easy way to control your renal diet

Posted on

@bobrichter Hi! I' Michelle. My doctor referred me to a nephrologist around five years ago. He explained that now I am almost stage 3 right now.  He has me on 3 different meds (monster pills) in order to reduce phosphorus and other things that are bad for the kidneys I guess. He also gave me a photocopy list of things to avoid. Certain beans and other veggies, beef, pork etc... I do the best I can combining it with my Crohn's disease diet and lactose intolerance. I also am low-sugar too.

One side blessing of following all these recommendations has been that my doctor has told me that my cholesterol has dropped to that of a teenagers!