Finding the strength to fight substance abuse

/static/themes-v3/default/images/default/home/bg-generic.jpg?1516194360

Patients Substance dependence

1 reply

Topic of the discussion

Posted on

I have been diagnosed with complex PTSD, anxiety etc.  I have in the past turned to cocaine for relief, for a break from the pain.  I have been over 6 months clean and desperately want to stay that way.  I have already spent most of my retirement $ on it and cant spend the rest.  I'm struggling through a recent end of a relationship and him moving out and the alone time is unbearable at times.  I'm doing everything in my power to NOT turn to cocaine to get through the pain and loneliness.  I've made it for over a week and I'm determined not to relapse.  I love my family too much and need to stay healthy for them.

Beginning of the discussion - 10/20/20

Finding the strength to fight substance abuse

Posted on

@amymarie Hello amymarie, thank you for opening this discussion and sharing what you've been going through with us. Congratulations on 6 months of sobriety, that's amazing! Let me tag some other members who can possibly share their own experiences and advice with you:

Hi everyone, how are you today?  Where did or do you find the strength to fight substance dependence? What helps you in the day-to-day? Do you have any advice to share on how to cope when life gets hard?
@28michelle@Jesica@Sam123@Charlesgirl1234@Jonnyfree@Kwarpenburg@Lewisdawn10@Toylynn70@Tassio@irakli90@loucan2@DazzleDarkness@AlissamF@Thatgirl18‍ 

Feel free to share your advice, experience, and support here, we're all here to help one another!

Take care,
Courtney