Psoriatic arthritis and biologics

/static/themes-v3/default/images/default/home/bg-generic.jpg?1516194360

Patients Psoriatic arthritis

3 replies

Topic of the discussion

Posted on

Ever since they put me on a biologic for my PsA, I've been getting all kinds of infections. Has anyone else had that happen?

Beginning of the discussion - 10/25/21

• Community manager
Posted on

Hi @Bettyctis‍, thank you for sharing what you've been going through. What kind of infections have you been having? That must be hard to cope with. Let me tag some other members who can possibly share with you.

For those of you who have taken biologics, can you share your experience? Have they helped your PsA? Have you had any side effects or infections from them like Bettyctis describes? Do you have any advice to share?
@faustine.moore@autumn0909@Lgfrick@RobinH@Allschmidt@w2007sara@Barkis@Cpanackia@Mrycagirl@MichelleStack@Janebrm@Dltrj25@gerlingh44@Spiritaelove@Kristamae23@Simplyq@Ksbiggers@AnnetteRoberts‍  

Don't hesitate to share with us here!

Take care,
Courtney

Posted on

@Bettyctis I had great luck on Cosentyx for about 6 years.  Had to come off of it June 2020 as I developed Extremely Severe Chron's Disease.  Having Chron's is not compatible with using Cosentyx.  Made me sad as this medication worked well with my Psoriatic Arthritis and Psoriasis.

Posted on

Hi @Mrycagirl‍, 

How things are going ?