- Home
- Forums
- General forums
- Living with psoriatic arthritis
- What is your psoriatic arthritis story? Let's share!
What is your psoriatic arthritis story? Let's share!
- 14 views
- 1 support
- 4 comments
All comments
Koobreybir7
Good advisor
Koobreybir7
Last activity on 07/23/2020 at 5:50 PM
Joined in 2018
20 comments posted | 8 in the Living with psoriatic arthritis group
1 of their responses was helpful to members
Rewards
-
Good Advisor
-
Contributor
-
Explorer
@Courtney_J Hi, I've been on this site for a bit. I've had psoriasis since I was a kid which over the years developed into psoriatic arthritis as well. I could handle the psoriasis pretty well over the years, but the PA is just a whole other kettle of fish. It's done a number on me and I've had some issues with anxiety and depression. I've been on methotrexate which worked pretty well for me. I've tried to take a more "internal" approach to it too by focusing on an anti-inflammatory diet, anti-oxidants, that kind of stuff and it has really helped too. Take care everyone!
Dokosoat5
Good advisor
Dokosoat5
Last activity on 01/20/2022 at 2:49 PM
Joined in 2018
31 comments posted | 12 in the Living with psoriatic arthritis group
1 of their responses was helpful to members
Rewards
-
Good Advisor
-
Contributor
-
Messenger
-
Explorer
@Courtney_J I've had psoriasis since 2013 and PA since 2015. The PA started out in my elbows and knees but I managed to ignore it, denial I guess. Psoriasis was bad enough, I guess I didn't want another cross to bear. Anyway, it started getting worse and it started creeping into my ankles and hands so I finally went to my doctor and rheumatologist who told me it was PA. They initially gave me painkillers and anti-inflammatories and I tried to eat "clean" in an attempt to lower inflammation. It worked for a few years but since I've started on methotrexate to try to control it better. It's definitely a struggle, but I try to take things one day at a time.
Tutoang997
Tutoang997
Last activity on 08/07/2020 at 7:13 PM
Joined in 2020
4 comments posted | 4 in the Living with psoriatic arthritis group
1 of their responses was helpful to members
Rewards
-
Explorer
I'm on this site for my son. He was diagnosed late last year after having regular aches and pains and swelling in his hands and other joints. He's in his early twenties so we were shocked. He's been taking methotrexate and it seems to be working ok for him. It was hard for us being separated in lockdown since he's in a different state, but we've since learned to use FaceTime and other apps so we at least get to see each other over the phone. If anyone has any advice on how we could best support him, I'm open to hearing it!
Somya.P
Community managerGood advisor
Somya.P
Community manager
Last activity on 09/13/2026 at 2:47 AM
Joined in 2023
1,034 comments posted | 4 in the Living with psoriatic arthritis group
35 of their responses were helpful to members
Rewards
-
Good Advisor
-
Contributor
-
Messenger
-
Explorer
-
Friend
Hi everyone!
This thread is the perfect space to reflect, connect, or even just be seen. Whether you've been recently diagnosed or living with PsA for years, your journey matters.
👉 What’s your experience with psoriatic arthritis been like lately?
👉 What helped you the most after diagnosis?
👉 Have your symptoms, treatment, or support needs changed over time?
@Hoagoor45 @Saclastagloul11 @Hidden username @Hidden username @Shouroodi424 @Hidden username @Nableecloul @Fleekaiproot8844 @Drokookous244 @Groblish86 @Frahayn @Clibrung964 @Hidden username @52Jeablugri @Bleeheetul897 @Kukadoush @Hidden username @Breyplootraick4 @Blucroalet @Graistun @Hidden username @Brotraypeyng52 @24Faymeeplun @Vaicoatain5 @Tudroonees1508 @Gaicreygeash7089 @Sheloolabosh5804 @Hidden username @Preefreel889 @Hidden username @Loutreachair @Hidden username @Proodeat79 @Hidden username @80Beaver @Hidden username @Hidden username @Hidden username @Hidden username @Froofreymoulean @Hidden username @Hidden username @Hidden username @Plouhestayvaick644 @Leaclees32 @Brodachon2921 @Meatas9 @Veypayvos344 @Ceahing53 @Traybrait8690 @Heyceavat73 @0171Votroung @Naiwayl52 @0491Voocroblousaick @Lekooheys581 @Geydrigrooblou7598 @04Dayliblock @Beyfroomeyl38 @69Shavoupat @664Shodraysish @2Chetoar @Fadrayr07 @9562Preyfaigreyt @Sheetaing537 @Grupraplor04 @Chaclisho4 @Neyshoojoupeel6 @9Wuheas @Thaybrung696 @Narair649 @1512Goothaiwea @8344Gleytateyr @Fleatoayayng63
If you haven’t seen this discussion yet, or it’s been a while since you visited, now’s a great moment to join in or revisit.
Sending strength,
Somya from the Carenity team 🌼
See the signature
Somya from the Carenity team
Give your opinion
Articles to discover...
Subscribe
You wish to be notified of new comments
You have been subscribed
Courtney_J
Community managerGood advisor
Courtney_J
Community manager
Last activity on 08/08/2022 at 11:09 AM
Joined in 2020
1,334 comments posted | 15 in the Living with psoriatic arthritis group
6 of their responses were helpful to members
Rewards
Good Advisor
Contributor
Messenger
Explorer
Friend
Hello everyone,
How are you today?
What is your psoriatic arthritis story? How and when were you diagnosed? How are you doing now? What medications or treatments have you tried? Feel free to introduce yourself and share your story, your advice or your support here!
@Vaicoatain5 @Hidden username @Nableecloul @Shouroodi424 @Hidden username @Nableecloul @Shouroodi424 @Hidden username @Hidden username @Hidden username @Hidden username @Saclastagloul11 @Hidden username @Hoagoor45 @Woorunaithoun283 @622Caipail @Geyweaveat @2Naybleysh @Mecleysh75
Take care,
Courtney